“Right downtown about a block from the waterfront.”

The Royal Anne Hotel
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed one night at the Royal Anne. We had a smallish room with a queen sized bed. Otherwise we were comfortable and had a pleasant stay. The hotel was fairly quiet, especially considering it is on the Main Street downtown.

The staff was very pleasant. The hotel recommends the O'Flanigan's Pub for lunch and dinner. I would not recommend the place. We had an OK meal of fish & chips, but there must be better restaurants downtown.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Tmmgr,

As there are so many wonderful restaurants in Kelowna, we're very happy & do recommend many different restaurants to our guests..... for lunch & dinner.

As O'Flannigan's Pub, is part of our 'family' we of course recommend that guests check it out as well. I That your food was just 'OK', is really not the norm, as the food at O'Flannigan's Pub is served hot....... it's delicious & plentiful. In addition to friendly service & a great line up of nightly entertainment, O'Flannigan's Pub really is a favorite place to eat, drink & be merry.

With that all said, please be assured I will pass your comments on to the Pub Manager & thank you for bringing your personal experience to my attention.

Thank you so very much for staying with us & we hope to welcome you back in future.

Christa Park
Hotel Manager - Royal Anne Hotel

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Near the lake (<5 min walk). Beautiful area to go for a walk, sightseeing. Good service, clean rooms. Breakfast and wifi included is always good! Check in parking is a bit awkward (no real place to pull in). Fitness room is very limited. However would happily come back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Promart1,

Your 'good, solid' review is greatly appreciated, thank you!

In respect to check-in parking, there is a loading zone right out in front of the hotel. Granted, it is sometimes full with other guests in the process of check-in, or passenger pick-ups, but it does allow for 2 - 3 (regular sized) vehicles to park while checking-in. Hopefully helpful to you on your next to the beautiful Okanagan!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Duvets don't have covers, when I went to ask if this was normal one of the front desk attendants brought me to an empty room that had blood on the duvet. Currently in one of their beds right now having had an absolutely terrible sleep. We had told them yesterday not to call us as we have a busy schedule and need to sleep. First thing that happens is they call us at 8 am to wake us thinking we are another room. The insulation is so bad that every time someone on this floor closes their door it sounds and acts like an earth quake. I'm currently at stay 1/4 and I'm truthfully considering sleeping in my car. Would not recommend at all to anyone.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hi Brittany,
Although a disappointing stay from your perspective, we certainly thank you for being our guest most recently & apologize for areas you received poor impressions from during your stay with us. Believe me when I say, there are moments I really wish the online world was not so anonymous & that I had the opportunity to speak with you personally.

As that is not the case, in direct response to your comments Brittany, as you've pointed out we do not have our duvets encased in duvet covers. We do that purposefully however & chose to triple sheet our beds instead. It's a common practice for hotels actually & provides much cleaner & more hygienic bedding options for guests. Ensuring a spanking clean top sheet on a bed rather than a duvet cover, each & every time a room is cleaned.
If you did not have a top sheet over your duvet cover, it was a definite oversight on behalf of my housekeeping team & not normal procedure.

Due to shift work I have not had the opportunity to speak with the front desk clerk that took you to the empty room. After checking with my Executive Housekeeper however, she does recall the incident & has advised me the spot you noticed on the duvet, was not blood, but was/is in fact a small red spot left by a felt marker. Her words precisely were "I'm not throwing out a perfectly good duvet due to a mark from a felt marker'.
I totally understand & appreciate her logic & trust you will as well, with this information.

I can't positively explain & do apologize for the erroneous call to you room at 8:00am. Again, I haven't had the opportunity to ask my desk clerk about it as of this moment, but I can tell you that rooms numbers can sometimes be dialed in error....just as you or I can dial the wrong number on a phone. It's annoying, but it will & does happen to any of us on occasion. That the call came through to you is unfortunate & as I'm sure we did then, we truly & sincerely apologize that you were disturbed.

Finally, in respect to interior insulation I would agree that the hotel is older & louder noises do travel. As we recognize this can be an issue when the hotel is overflowing with people & sound, we are scheduled to increase interior insulation when high season comes to an end, this fall.
As things are now, door closures are seldom a complaint. I won't say they can't be heard if guests allow their doors to slam shut behind them & not every guest is conscious or considerate of other people on the floor. A slamming door would be disruptive to anyone.....especially if it happens frequently. I feel your pain! With that said, describing our door closures as an 'earth quake' is quite a stretch & I can only think you must have had very inconsiderate neighbors Brittany.

It truly disappoints me to know your stay was anything less than a great experience Brittany. Unfortunately, I can't change your experience....but I hope I have changed your understanding...such as the cleanliness of our duvets & possibly some of your initial perceptions.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We loved our stay at the Royal Anne. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the cookies were yummy. The hotel was super charming. The rooms were very clean and were a good size and we loved the view from our juliet balcony. Great location, very close walking distance to restaurants, shops and the waterfront. We were very impressed with the breakfast. So many fresh and healthy choices. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Ginnysr,

We're so very pleased you were "'very impressed" with your stay & deeply thank you for your fantastic 5* star review!

We love that you found us to be super charming, clean & friendly & hope we'll have opportunity to welcome you back to our lovely hotel, many times in future.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I had the chance to stay at this gorgeous hotel during my cousin's wedding! So warm and welcoming, this charming hotel was incredibly accommodating with myself as a last minute addition to my aunt's room. The continental breakfast had a delicious variety that included gluten-free toast and almond milk, which was a lovely surprise! The manage met us during our morning coffee to make sure our stay was enjoyable and to ask if we had any questions or concerns, a really lovely personal touch. Will recommend to all my friends and family! Best thing about the hotel was how close it was to the beach, a 5 minute walk!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Samantha,

We couldn't be more appreciative of your fantastic review, thank you!!
More than that however.... what I think really counts the most, is that you genuinely enjoyed your stay with us, from our fabulous downtown location, to our friendly, personable service.

We're delighted, you're delighted!