“Weekend Getaway”

Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We contacted the Ramada 2 days prior to leaving and were able to book into a 1 bedroom loft suite--this worked out great as our son was with us so he was happy to have his space up in the loft. Lots of room, comfortable beds and quiet--right across from Orchard Park Mall and Costco 4 blocks away.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Mike I, Front Office Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. We are glad that you enjoyed the Loft Suite provided. These rooms are very spacious and make for a very comfortable stay. The hotel is very centrally located right across from the largest shopping center in the Okanagan. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This Ramada hotel makes an excellent family hotel. They have some very large loft rooms that allow families to sleep 6 and have some privacy sleeping in the loft and still be able to look from the loft down onto the bed and fold out couch below.

The front desk was very friendly. The pool was a little cool if you weren't swimming but the hot tub was very warm. It was great for relaxing in or warming up in after swimming in the pool.

Housekeeping is very prompt and does a really good job.

Perkins Family Restaurant is in the hotel. They offer great breakfasts for excellent value. Lunches and dinners are also served albeit with a somewhat smaller menu choice. There is also a bar that serves drinks and a reasonably tasty food on the patio.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Mike I, Front Office Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. Our Loft Suites are perfect for large families and provide enough space for everyone. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I will pass on your kind words to our Housekeeping team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I made a reservation through Trip Advisor for this hotel. Had an medical emergency so needed to cancel it. When I called the hotel to cancel, they claimed that I didn't have a reservation through them. I needed to go through the site that I booked at. The issue was I didn't know exactly what site it was booked on. The only recent confirmation for the room came from the hotel. I called the phone number on that email to cancel my room. I was facing a time issue. I wanted to cancel before it was too late. That meant I was calling from the hospital. My mother just broke her ankle and we were dealing with that. When I explained to the front desk clerk my issue, he didn't care. He even hung up on me, when I asked to speak to his manager. Now I waiting for the charge for the room on my credit card, so I can dispute it. My credit card company said they would not let the charge go through. I glad they have good customer service. If this is hotel's good customer service? I hate to see what the worst is.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. I do apologize that you were unhappy with the service you received at the hotel. If you could please contact me in regards to your reservation, I would be more then happy to take a look at the reservation for you. It does sound like you booked a reservation with an outside company that does have to be cancelled with that company. However, I would be more then happy to look into it for you.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stayed here as part of a tour. When we arrived our bags were quickly delivered to our room. There was no fridge and no kettle to make a cup of tea but there was a coffee maker. The room was clean, comfortable and large. There is a pub on-site for a meal and drink or a Denny's next door. When I asked my wife, 3 weeks later, what see would say in a review she couldn't remember to hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry that you did not notice the fridge inside the cabinets in your room. ( we do have fridges in every room) We also have kettles available on request and would have been happy to deliver one to your room.
We are glad that you enjpyed your trip and hope you get the oppotunity to visit us again.
Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Booked through Expedia for Aug 6th, as a stop while travelling, but as it became clear we wouldn't make it to the hotel before it was very late we called to cancel and they would not refund the prebook. I have no doubt since there was zero vacancy they would have no problem filling that room! Not what you would expect from Expedia and Ramada. Also learned that they wouldn't have accommodated our dog as there are limited rooms for pets. I assummed that if I pay the extra damage deposit it would cover my 12 year old very well trained dog!

Room Tip: Don't prepay if anything should go wrong you won't get a refund!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

I'm sorry that you were not happy with your experience booking with Expedia.
We do not require an extra damage deposit for pets. We have specially designed pet room that have laminate flooring and direct outside access to make it easier for our furry guests. In order to accommodate our other guests who may have allergies, we allow pets only in our designated pet rooms.