“Great food but...”
Review of Gulfstream

Gulfstream
Reserve with OpenTable
Gulfstream is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 692 Restaurants in Kelowna
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Gulfstream, a place where guests can enjoy Southern Californian inspired meals in our contemporary & relaxing restaurant. Our menus serve up breakfast, lunch and dinner, always prepared with fresh ingredients. Catching the next big game? We have flat screen televisions in the bar area, so you never miss a moment of your favorite team. During the warmer months, we have a beautifully decorated patio, with a fresh herb wall, plush furniture, and numerous fire features. We offer a wide variety of fresh cocktails and food, in a casual yet contemporary setting.
Reviewed 12 September 2018

The food was excellent; our server Curtis was extremely helpful; and the decor is very nice. The but is the scarcity of gluten free options, which made the menu choices very limited for me. Fortunately I found one dish I could have, so I ended up having to have it 2 nights in a row. All in all though, I would still recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank eveinsooke
Gulfstream_Manager, Manager at Gulfstream, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your favourable comments. We apologize that it was not relayed to you that we are able to make many alterations to several entrees to ensure a gluten free meal. We will use this review as a tool to better our service.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Came here for business lunch. Service was attentive and the setting was lovely, however the food was very salty and carried no special value to it. It could be as simple as a re-vamp to the menu to include items that aren't so generic, however the mediterranean pizza was delicious. Not in a huge hurry to come back anytime soon, though.

Gulfstream_Manager, Manager at Gulfstream, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to see that your service was attentive and you appreciated the setting. The positive remark about the mediterranean pizza was appreciated. I was hoping you would be willing to contact me at the email address below to discuss the other items you claimed were not up to par and perhaps to suggest different items that you would like to see on the menu in order to retain your patronage.

shannon.lahti@fourpointskelowna.com

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Visited the Gulfstream twice, both dinners have been very good. Tyler has served us each time, she is so sweet and personable! We have had the Harvest pizza, Cioppino, and Chorizo and Mussels. Good wine list too. Great restaurant to have near Lake Country, we will be back!

Gulfstream_Manager, Manager at Gulfstream, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Hello,

It is nice to know that Lake Country residents have found us! Tyler has been with us for over three years. She is the epitome of everything lovely and sweet. We are proud to offer the Harvest pizza which has turned out to be a favorite to many and the Cioppino which is always well received. We are excited to see what your opinions are on the other dishes from our menu on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Service was terrible at the Gulfstream restaurant. Many mix ups with rooms and prices for the newly weds. Mediocre rooms with an overly heavy price tag. Probably wouldn’t recommend staying at the hotel again.

Gulfstream_Manager, Manager at Gulfstream, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Hello,

We are sorry to see you had a terrible experience. I am interested in learning more about your dining experience.
Please feel free to contact me at the email address below.

shannon.lahti@fourpointskelowna.com

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I recently stayed a week at the hotel while working in town and ate all my dinners at the restaurant. The food and service did not disappoint in the least on any occasion!

Probably my favorite overall meal was the spicy bleu burger. I'm not often impressed by a burger, but it was cooked to perfection and had a really good balance of ingredients where all of them were sharing their contributions to the overall taste rather than any given one overwhelming the others.

But the real star of the show, to me, was the service. Sloane was, in my mind, as much of a superstar server as I'm run into in my travels and consequently my eating out more often than I care for. Most nights I'd be working as I ate, and she somehow managed to balance just the right amount of interaction, giving space when I was in the middle of stuff, and literally not once asking how things were going with my mouth full --- and also had a wonderful personality!

Breakfast was good, but I confess I didn't eat it as much as dinner because I was usually on the run to work. Would definitely recommend as a place to eat in either case though.

Gulfstream_Manager, Manager at Gulfstream, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Hello,

We are pleased to see we impressed you with the food we serve. Our burgers are huge and can satisfy the largest of appetites. Our Spicy bleu burger has been on the menu a little less than a year and I agree that it has a great taste balance! It is nice to see Sloane impressed as well with her service. Sloane started with us while she was still in high school and with hard work was able to start serving soon after. She is indeed a star! We hope to have you dine again with us soon.