“Best Fish and Chips”

The Table At Codfathers
Ranked #58 of 654 Restaurants in Kelowna
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Since being diagnosed with celiac many years ago, I had yet found a place that served decent gf fish and chips - that is until I discovered The Table Cafe! I had been to Codfathers next door several times to purchase fresh fish (which, by the way, is a great place!) I asked them about The Table Cafe and if, by chance, they offered gf. It turns out that their whole menu, aside from the bread for sandwiches, IS gluten free. Anyway, I ordered the cod fish and chips - absolutely delicious!! Not at all greasy - super fresh and scrumptious! The sever was very welcoming and encouraged me to try other choices from their menu. I can't wait to go back! Highly recommend this delightful place.

kelownared22, Owner at The Table At Codfathers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Hello; Thank you for you review! We do try hard to make our café the best that it can be. I will pass on your kind works to everyone.
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

What a great surprising meal we had there for lunch. Went there with my husband and baby after a chef from another restaurant downtown suggested it to us (salted brick).

We had the prawns and the fish tacos and it was absolutely amazing. The chef also came by to say hi and make sure we ate well.

Being from Montreal, we are used to eat very well, and we were not disappointed by this little fish/sea food restaurant.

An absolute "must try" in Kelowna.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

If you want fine dining , this is not the place. If you want the BEST fish and chips hands down in the city this is the place to go. We had halibut and chips and it was fresh, the batter was exceptional (light yet crispy) and the chips were amazing. There was a wide array of dipping sauces, each unique, and each absolutely wonderful. The service was super it seemed as if this is genuinely a family business they took wonderful care of us. I STRONGLY recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Been coming here now for a little over a year and I must say I still really enjoy coming for my Fish and Chips. Its one of the best places in town: the freshest fish and homemade fries

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I had contacted Ross (the owner) by email to inquire about their ability to accommodate gluten free options and he assured me that they could. Not only were the fish & chips outstanding their dedicated fryer ensured no cross contamination. The fries (chips) are also a vital part of fish & chips and they did not disappoint. Home cut, crispy and seasoned perfectly. Service was friendly, informative and fast. Highly recommend this gem.