All reviewslaminate floorsnice roomferrydeskratesbedding
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent a night at this motel and were pleasantly surprised. It doesn't look like much from the outside but the rooms are amazing. Our room was newly renovated and beds extremely comfortable. Everything was clean and well stocked. Definitely stay again and the price is amazing! Thank you

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2018

DISASTROUS! In a nutshell...when we arrived from WA at this hotel on a Friday around 6pm, we were told by Rick that there was apparently a problem.. the paperwork showed the reservation had been confirmed on April 4th and, as he noted, it had been paid for through hotels.com but that it had then also been cancelled on April 4th - a mistake on the part of hotels.com, which was acknowledged by them. The front desk staff Rick, and especially Kellie, were helpful, sympathetic and kind and they assured us they would try and sort it out. The manager Ilona, however, was the complete opposite. She was extremely unhelpful the next day, unsympathetic and very rude. She treated me as though I was trying to get away with not paying! (I had been on the phone with the booking agent for hours right at the front desk, with Rick, before we had supper the night we arrived and then again after supper - not the way we wanted to spend most of our first night!). The issue of payment was between the hotel and the booking agent - the confirmation showed that I had paid for our stay. Despite this fact, the manager, Ilona, demanded I pay for the room again for both nights and didn't make any attempt to resolve the issue with hotels.com (which, again, hotels.com had acknowledged the night before was their agent's error!) In addition, the hotel is in a state of disrepair with peeling paint and dirty passages throughout and filled ashtrays outside one of the rooms on the 2nd floor, rubble in the courtyard and general disorganization. The noise in the car park during both nights was horrible, with people smoking, someone crying, others laughing, shouting and cars running their engines on and off until around 3am. The room was hot, despite slightly open windows (to offset the noise outside) . The fan sits on the floor (!), not on a stand. There was no place to plug in one of the lamps sitting on the chest. The housekeeper only tried to attend to the room at around 5:30/6pm on Saturday, which I declined, due to the late hour - we had been out all day and there had been plenty of time to clean the room during the day! Despite being told there would be a hairdryer in the room, there wasn't one and we had to obtain one on Sunday morning. We had been told there was a kettle in the room and that there was an ocean view - there wasn't - an issue with hotels.com and the hotel itself. If hotels are misrepresented by a booking company, THEY should address it - NOT the customer! It is an internal issue! While I understand the hotel wanted payment, at the VERY least, they could have honored the rate confirmed by hotels.com, FOR THE SAME ROOM, which I had already PAID for, not charged me extra for the stay. I have cancelled our 7 night stay in June for 2 rooms and, although Rick, Carla and Kellie were empathetic and helpful, I will not subject myself or my guest to the dismissive, insulting attitude displayed by the manager Ilona. I have been in international Tourism and Travel for many years in the past and would NEVER have treated any client or customer with such a disgraceful, unhelpful attitude and manner. I feel very distressed at having had to pay an additional $195.50 CAD for a room I had already paid for in good faith and will be writing this review on YELP and other review sites as a direct result of how we were treated by Ilona. It was an absolute nightmare, a view shared by my partner who was equally distressed and horrified.

Room Tip: None - don't stay there
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

For a night stay, this place works. It's kinda old, but the beds are good. The bathrooms are being upgraded but still it is just a older place. The rooms are outside entrances. Parking is problematic. But it is close to the ferry.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas K
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stayed on the lower level (numbered in the 200s) on request as there is no elevator or trolley. We travel with a great deal of bags, coolers, etc. This is an older motel with a few updates. There was no AC in our room, only a fan. There was a small fridge and a microwave. The television was smaller (29" at best) than what we're accustomed to and we had to place it on top of one of our larger travelling boxes as it sat so low on the dresser. The toiletries are minimal. They didn't change the sheets, but did make the bed during our three nights. We were only in the room to sleep; otherwise, we would have chosen another accommodation. There were dogs in a couple of the rooms down the way and their barks were loud awakening us early. That, however, is more an issue regarding the guests. The restaurant (Wara) on location was very good (pricey).

Room Tip: If you have a great deal of luggage, perhaps you could request a room that is very close to the parking, as ours was not.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable units. Hosts were so friendly and helpful. Location great straight across the road was a convenience store with everything you need. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends