See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

If you arrive in Nanaimo using the ferry this motel is very near. We choose it for this reason. It is located very near to the road and you have to close your windows to not hear the cars. In the other side there is the terrace that is shared with all the other rooms and we smell the stinky sigarette smoke from here. The room seems old and not so tidy but, fortunately, the bed sheets were clean. One night was enough...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Stayed here a night in August after a late flight. Our plane was delayed a bit so didn't arrive until after midnight. The owner was waiting for us and checked us in quickly. The rooms aren't like a Marriott hotel but the beds were comfy, everything was functional, and the room temperature was good. We were leaving first thing in the morning so a good sleep was all we needed, and at $80 for 4 of us, it was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Kind of a creepy vibe but had some character. Nice people at the front desk. Interesting rickety balcony. Scary couch in the room; it had seen better days. Weird smell in the room. Cheap rates so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Hergest3
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I unfortunately never had the chance to stay here as an injury prevented me from flying. Hence I am commenting on the service received in cancelling the trip.

As soon as I knew the trip would be cancelled, I sent an email so that the manager could re-let the room. Several days later, I had not received a reply, so called instead, where I was informed that it had been cancelled already but we had just not been informed. I asked for an email confirming the cancellation as it was required by my insurance company, to which the reply was "you want to put me to work for no money?"

As I said at the start I cannot comment on the rooms, but the service leaves a lot to be desired.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amyUKemyTZ
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We were cautious as past reviews of this motel were sketchy and the outside of the building is a bit run down, so asked to see a room before we paid. Were very pleasantly surprised with a clean suite for a great price with a balcony overlooking a park and waterfall in Nanaimo. Friendly and helpful reception.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple