“Cardboard for pastries”

Kozak Ukrainian Eatery
Reserve a table
Wed, 16/06
20:00
Description: All recipes are based on our memories from childhood and tastes. Of course, as our Baba, we don’t use any “pre-mix”, “ready-to-use” fillings, any stabilizers, never MSG, or any other not good stuff, since our kids eat our food . But jokes aside, we are proud what we put in our food, and all the processes how its being made. With best ingredients and old-school, hand-made processes we want to bring home-made food to your tables.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went in wanting baked good and bought the poppyseed roll last week. This was my second attempt here and found both times for the baked goods to be really dry. Either they were day olds or lacking in how to make baked goods delicious. I had to throw out half of it and that was with a glass of milk I was trying to wash it down with. No excuse and the prices are outrageous, especially for what you are getting

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very small place , but love their variety Ukrainian homemade food and bakery , the croissants is excellent very flaky not too oily , the cabbage rolls not too shabby at all , Borsch very flavourful , price very affordable . staff helpful ! great place for eat and run . there is some outside tablets by the side walk .

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 1 January 2021

I have heard so many good things about Kozaks so decided to do a curb side pick up order on New Years Eve. What they advertise as All Beef Sausage rolls are actually an All Beef Hot Dog (Taste like Costco's Kirkland brand) wrapped in dough. This is not an all beef sausage roll.
It is a hot dog...big difference. I bought 3 at 4.00 a piece. First 12.00 wasted. Call it what ut is..it is a hot dog. Do not mislead people.
The latke actually would have been good had they not been swimming in an inch of grease. 11.35 wasted.
I say wasted because both of these were not even close to edible and went to the garbage.
I cannot comment on the Borsch I ordered because they forgot to put it in the bag. Another 10.35 down the drain. I did call them and they offered me the soup on my next visit with some free sweets. However....unless the brioche buns and challah I ordered are somehow amazing I will not be back and will just suck up the bill as a loss.
My solution was to give them my daughter's name and she can have the free Borsch. It gets good reviews but then again so did the Sausage rolls. As for their sweets...the apple strudel is horrible. The apples are half cooked and the filling is dry..absolutely no flavor but the pastry is okay. I have been to Europe many times and have enjoyed strudel on many occasions. The filling was nothing like what I was given today. I get that everyone has the right to their opinion but I cannot understand how so many people rant and rave about this place when what I was given tonight is now sitting in my organics bin because my husband and I could not eat it. I am not a picky eater people but this was just horrible.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed 22 August 2020

I love to pick up their borsch in 1 liter containers because I can take it home for a meal or freeze it for a time when I don't have time to cook. I especially love that the borsch comes in vegetarian or non-vegetarian. It is delicious and wholesome!

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 16 August 2020

Great place to get your fridge filled with their fabulous wholesome food Perogies to sourdough chicken soup beet soup Tato hungry guy lunch All day breakfast and excellent Americano coffee. Friendly staff and always busy! Hours 9-9 daily and more locations coming soon. Thanks from your neighbours.

Date of visit: August 2020