“Hope you do not have a heart condition.”
Review of Lala Ji's

Lala Ji's
Get food delivered
Ranked #133 of 162 Restaurants in Penticton
Reviewed 12 December 2020 via mobile

Meal was loaded with salt. Spent over $100.00 for a meal that was almost unedible. I don’t think that this restaurant will be revisited.

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed 31 October 2020

Dropped in for a late lunch. We were the only customers in the restaurant . I ordered one of their combinations which included lamb curry and butter chicken. Also asked for medium heat. I enjoy spicy food but not at the expense of flavour. I could not tell the difference between the lamb and the chicken except through texture. There was only heat and NO flavour.

I had issues with their billing. I always like to enter a $ amount for the tip because I don't want to tip on the taxes included in the total. The machine did not allow me to enter an amount even though I pressed the $ amount and not the % amount. The waiter kept saying it was ok! i saw the receipt - $15 tip - that was about 25%. I complained and was offered a refund which I accepted and then we did it over again and this time I was able to put in the $ amount for the tip.

A few days later I checked my statement on line and found 2 postings for the lunch and no refund posting for the first transaction. I called and was told that it would take about a week for it to go through the bank. That is not true -- the transactions go through immediately. I checked my statement again the next day and saw that they did not post the refund but removed the first transaction. I called my credit company and explained the situation and they placed a note on my file in case they repost the first transaction.

I don't know if that was a deliberate situation or some confusion. Nevertheless, I will not be returning.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 26 July 2020

my first time going there today so i tried the vindaloo and asked for hot and it was pretty darn good.the garlic naan was really good too.my parents got the mango chicken and papaya chicken and i tried some it was really great tasting and interesting.no complaints about the food at all and thats saying something because alot of the time with restaurants here in town theres one issue or another.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank matt r
Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

Great place for indian food new in town of penticton great atmosphere and they have indian street food as well which is good addition to penticton.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 4 February 2020

The Goa Chicken curry and the chicken Marsala were excellent The naan bread was best I have had. Basmati rice was perfectly cooked. We were there for lunch and will try supper very soon. Nice experience by owners and staff who know their business.

Date of visit: February 2020