“Amazing Brunch Buffet!”

Ranked #26 of 77 Restaurants in Prince Rupert
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Went on a Sunday Morning - Excellent Buffet! Hot Coffee that just kept coming & coming! Soooo Much Food to choose from! Fabulous Service! Great Atmosphere! Very Romantic Brunch for Two! I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I'd written, a couple of months ago, that the First Avenue Bistro (new name) had, at best, a "decent breakfast." I stand by that assessment and instead wish to comment more upon their Sunday Brunch, which I recently had the opportunity to enjoy.

Now, by all accounts, the Sunday Brunch is the major attraction here. The restaurant was certainly a heck of a lot busier for this event than it was for the "regular breakfast" I had a few months back. And, in all honesty, it's easy to see why. For a very affordable price (I think around $14), you get access to an extensive buffet featuring an array of breakfast and lunch items: bacon, ham, sausage, pancakes, eggs bennie, hashbrowns, chicken, corn, roasted potatoes, Mexican cuisine, an array of salads, fruits, pastries. . .the list goes on! Now, of course, it's all well and good to have a vast array of items, but how was it in terms of taste? Well, depending on your "likes," some of the items are, admittedly, hit and miss. The perogies, for instance, were quite dry, but most everything else was nicely done for a buffet.

Obviously, this is something of a small operation, so if you're expecting a buffet similar to that found in Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, you'll be disappointed; however, for those of us with realistic expectations, you will likely leave happy as I certainly did.

So, yes, I reiterate comments made in my first review: the breakfast by itself is OK, but the real value here is clearly the Sunday Brunch buffet. Stop on by and give it a try!

Reviewed 8 July 2016

I came here with my grandmother for breakfast at the end of June. The overall setting is nice and service was quick and courteous, so no complaints there. For breakfast, I ordered the french toast with a side of bacon. The bacon was cooked perfectly -- crispy, but not too crispy. The french toast, on the other hand, was more "bread" than "toast." Typically, when I have french toast, I like it to have a nice toasted exterior -- a bit of crunch. But these were more like slices of bread...very soft. I'd probably give this place another shot because it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

And, by the way, this place is called the First Avenue Bistro now. . .

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Met my family here for breakfast after being on the Greyhound bus all night. The service was quick and efficient even though the restaurant was very busy due to a conference being held in the hotel. The food did take a little while but again it was very busy. Once the food arrived it was very tasty.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

Such A Variety of Items on the menu. Had Corn Beef Hash with Poached Eggs And Homemade Hollandase Sauce, It was so delicious. I recommend this to any one.