“Great meal and unrushed service”
Review of Idgies Fine Food

Idgies Fine Food
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Rossland
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Was looking for a nice little place for a bit to eat. Ran across this little place , they had an interesting and appealing board out front. Although, it was getting late in the evening, I was warmly welcomed. I ordered and appetizer and an entree, food was delicious. I was the last customer and I never felt rushed.

The service, quality of food and value all led to a great experience. If I am ever in the area, I will be sure to stop by again.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Idgies has great food but expensive for a dinner out! It has become our go to place for special occasions such as family birthdays. We have eaten there several times now & would be my No. 1 recommendation for Rossland.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Tasty upscale dining with pretty good service and tasty deserts. In the winter this place is cool, so dress warmly. There's a wonderful cozy atmosphere (yet cold) and they have a wonderful painting of a sea-side view in their washroom.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

The food and ambiance of this small restaurant was wonderful! The menu was varied - and the taste of the entres was excellent!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Was expecting better.
Had the escargot in mushroom appy which was in a watery broth. Not quite the texture/favors I was hoping for.
For my entree, I had the almond crusted sockeye salmon. Tho the menu says all fish is cooked to medium, my piece was quite overcooked and dry. It also had a weird white coating under the almonds that was very salty. Since there was only one waitstaff and food was taking a while to come out of the kitchen, I opted to not send it back. The carrot cake was OK.
Hopefully the kitchen was just having an off night. Service was otherwise very good.