Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
US$383
US$333
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Century Plaza Hotel & Spa(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$252
US$232
HolidayInn.com
1,822 results
All reviewschi spamarket by jean georgeslower lobbyalberni streetbathroom mirrorstreet levelconcierge teambeautiful hotelone bedroom suitenespresso machinehotel experiencesteam roombreakfast was includedvalet parkingturn down servicefitness centeran upgrade
Reviewed 29 March 2018

The attention to detail and the impeccable staff made for a wonderful stay! Great location, decent sized rooms, beautiful bathroom and zen like feel to the entire hotel. This is our third stay at a Shangri-La Hotel (Tokyo and Las Vegas) and it now our go to brand. You will not be disappointed. One small problem at check out as we were double billed for several items but they took care of it immediately.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Lisa P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your experience at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver. I'm pleased you enjoyed our hotel's amenities, including our central downtown location, spacious guest rooms, and restaurant offerings. It will be an honor to welcome you to Shangri-La hotel, Vancouver back soon.
Kari Koskela, General Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and I rented a suite for our anniversary. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. We had a couple friends by for drinks and the hotel staff were very accommodating with extra glasses, ice...
At check in we were asked if was a special occasion. After telling them it was our anniversary there was a cupcake and sparkling wine brought to our room.
The room itself was beautiful. The bathroom had a rain shower and a big soaker tub.
This hotel really puts in the effort and we felt extremely well looked after during our stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear erin8ight,
We greatly appreciate the time and effort taken to share this kind feedback. It is our goal to provide personalized hospitality from the moment you step into our hotel to ensure you feel comfortable. Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your anniversary. We hope we have an opportunity to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver again soon.
Kari Koskela, General Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The Shangri-La group is one of the best hotel groups from Hong Kong, and the Vancouver version, which takes up 15 floors of a large tower downtown, is every bit as good as the larger hotels elsewhere. The staff cannot do enough for you, particularly the concierge service (thanks, Avi and Ivonne), and housekeeping are wonderful, many thanks to Joanne for ensuring we had milk in the fridge and plenty of Nespresso pods for the jet lag! There is no great view from most of the rooms, but you are only 10 minutes from the conference centre and the seaplanes, surrounded by great shopping and lots of wonderful restaurants. However don’t miss Market! There is also a well appointed and quiet business centre if you need it. This is a luxury hotel, but it ticks all the boxes.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Ian C,
Your kind words about our staff leave me with the most pride, as our team is really the true gem of our property. Please note I have passed along your gratitude to the restaurant and front desk teams in particular. I am also glad you had an opportunity to enjoy breakfast at Market by Jean-Georges and explore the city from our convenient downtown location. We would truly appreciate to welcome you back again to have another chance to make you have a memorable and relaxing time with us.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I’m very lucky to be able to accompany my husband on his business trips, so I get to see some great places, and stay in a variety of hotels, some good, some awful!
The Shangri-La in Vancouver excelled in every way.
We were there for 6 days, during which time my husband suffered food poisoning (from eating bad sushi from a restaurant near the waterfront) . The staff at the Shangri-La went out of their way to be helpful and considerate during the 2 days he was poorly and confined to the room.
All the staff were lovely, but I have to shout out a few who made this trip special:
Avi, concierge, who went out of his way to help me with itineraries and information about Vancouver and Victoria; and was happy to chat. The whole team is lovely. It makes a difference when you walk into a lobby and you get greeted with a smile, and they remember your name! Ivonne, the head concierge has a great team.
Joanne in housekeeping, who was so proud to be doing her job, always smiling and really thorough.
Market - the bar and restaurant where I felt at ease eating on my own; we also entertained here. The sous chef Alex even prepared me a special salad, although there is a small vegetarian menu.
The Spa- my only criticism, the outside pool is too small! But, I still enjoyed breakfast smoothies by the outdoor hot tub! Again, lovely staff.
I won’t go on about the amenities, because in an hotel like Shangri-La, you expect the best. They were!
So, ‘excellence’ comes down to staff and service. And, that’s why I give Shangri-La Vancouver 5 stars.
Thank you to all the staff there for making our stay so pleasurable.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Brigit S,
Thank you very much for sharing this very detailed feedback. I am sorry to hear that your husband suffered from food poisoning during your recent trip to Vancouver. However, I am glad to know that our staff took very good care of you and your husband. Please note I have passed along your gratitude to Avi, Ivonne, Joanna and Chef Alex in particular. I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back again at Shangri-La hotel, Vancouver.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Outstanding service from the moment we arrived, attentive without overbearing, deferential without being sycophantic. The rooms were very well appointed and comfortable, even cozy with welcome treats delivered. They took every moment they encountered is to impress by going steps further than others do and exceeded expectations every time. All in our group felt it would be our hotel of choice moving forward...outstanding...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Katie M,
What an amazing review, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your experience at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the spacious guest rooms, with custom Stearns & Foster mattresses and stunning city views from the balcony. Looking forward to welcoming you back on a return visit to Vancouver.