“Great sushi”

Ranked #785 of 3,995 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Description: corner of 4th and Vine, great casual dinning Japanese, fresh, delicious...great price, one of my all time favorites!
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Really good sushi in a relaxing authentic Japanese restaurant. The service was good and the prices very reasonable. Quality was high. I would recommend.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We were greeting and seated immediately and our server was pleasant and efficient. Tea was poured immediately with regular offers to top our cups up. The amount of food in the lunch boxes was generous: miso soup came first then our boxes had sushi, salad, tempura (1 prawn and 3 pieces of vegetable), choice of teriyaki chicken or beef on rice and sprouts, iceberg lettuce salad with carrot and tomato, and a fried piece of tofu in a sauce. My husband also ordered an appetizer of tempura to share - he hadn’t noticed there was tempura included in the lunch boxes! We were very full and weren’t able to finish all of it. We have had Japanese meals before but are not as familiar with the cuisine as we are with Chinese and some other cuisines, but the tempura was oily - the batter was crispy but also oily, and the teriyaki sauce seemed to be exactly the same whether it was on the chicken or beef. Our teriyaki wasn’t very hot when it arrived either but the tempura was piping hot. Hi Nippon has been at this location for many years and other reviewers seem to rate it a bit higher, but I don’t think it stacked up that well to other Japanese meals we have had so am giving just an average rating. The “buttons” for service, food and value don’t work on my iPad so I will add that the value would be average + due to the quantity and variety of food in the lunch boxes.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I go here all the time, I would defo recommend it to anyone looking for decent Sushi. The odd time the service is lacking, but don't let that put you off

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Great service, excellent food, fantastic prices make an awesome sushi experience with the bonus of great value. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I love this place and have visited over 20 times. Between their multiple veggie options, black and brown rice choices, comfy intimate booths (no shoes allowed!), reasonable prices, and casual service, I will continue to come here. Not the fanciest sushi joint, but it's top of my list when I'm looking for a quick bite in Kits.