US$453
US$451
US$425
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Century Plaza Hotel & Spa(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$365
Hotels.com
US$547
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewscibored cardgreat locationseymour streetdowntown vancouverstreet noisean older buildinglight sleeperrooms are smallliquor storethird floorwalking distance to everythingfront desk staffwould stay here againcoffee machineone night stayking room
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Let me break down the Moda Hotel in a 5 areas.

-location- just steps from Robson and tons of great restaraunts and public transit!!!
-staff- they let us have an early check in which was awesome!
-clenliness- the maids were very efficient and thorough.
-size of rooms- the room aren't much bigger than mine at home and there is little space to put luggage.
-noise- other than the fact the walls are paper thin and you could very well hear the room next to you **doing it** also you know when people are leaving the close by clubs at 3 am..

Other than the last 2 on the list the room and hotel had nice decor and the staff were polite and happy to help!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Moda Hotel fulfils all the stereotypes about independent city hotels. Exceptional accommodation is sacrificed for great position. I only stayed one night in Moda, travelling to Whistler the following day and a long flight meant I wanted something close and simple.
Firstly the location, it's good situated in Seymour street mean that you have direct access to all of the main Vancouver areas. The lobby is small but suitably modern and is housed between an Italian restaurant and bar (which doubles up as breakfast room). Check in was easy, I had per booked and as such everything was waiting. I received a free map and advice about where was good to eat, I was also informed about the smoking regulations and shoud anyone smoke in the room I would be fined to the equivalent of purchasing the hotel.
I got the single lift to my room and opened the door. The room was adequate with semi modern furnishings, LCD television and attached bath and shower. There were however two issues 1. The room overlooked a grotty rooftop who's industrial fans were not a sought feature and 2. It smelled as if someone had been smoking in there since June.
Aware hat I would be likely picking the bill up for this, I immediately informed reception who said that they would make a note and inform housekeeping. That was it, no offer of a room move or comment about the beautiful view. As it was for one night I decided to bite my lip and I am sure Moda is better than it appears but as long as hotels continue to give out below average rooms then they have to accept poor reviews. Smelly and disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night while in town visiting family. The front dest staff was super helpful, and friendly. The renovation is cosmetic, and cheap, but very modern, and tasteful. The bed was fine, but the linens were a bit cheap. The location was great. The only real complaint I have is noise from the street. We were on the 3rd floor, and we heard lots of traffic. Unavoidable in a big city most of the time, but new windows would help! For the right price, I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My wife and I got a great price form a third party site on a two-room suite at Moda. The room was great, the bed was comfy, the location was perfect, and the service was very friendly. The staff made good recommendations and were very accommodating when we needed to stash our bags somewhere for a few hours after we checked out.

Parking was a block away and was not the most convenient, but hell - that's what you get if you stay in a busy city! This is certainly a hotel better-suited for young couples than for families with children, due to the noise (nothing unreasonable though) and the less-than-spacious elevator stairs.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at Moda and for sharing your feedback with fellow travelers. We are very happy that you enjoyed our friendly service and our hotel. It is truly a great location as we are within few minutes from Granville and Robson streets.

We thank you again for being our guests and we hope to welcome you back to Moda in the future.

Best regards,

Team Moda

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I recently went to Vancouver for a concert and decided to stay downtown at Moda. The location is great and you can walk to a lot of the places. The rooms were smaller than expected but clean - we were only really there to sleep. The beds are quite hard and the pillows are super soft to the point it's hard to sleep. We found it odd that the hotel has a number of restaurants but there is no room service. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends