Sylvia Hotel
St. Regis Hotel(Vancouver)
US$278
US$261
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$309/night.

US$338
US$287
Opus Hotel(Vancouver)
US$366
US$330
US$212
US$192
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$254/night.

US$294
US$260
Suttonplace.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$303/night.

US$298
Hyatt.com
US$382
US$353
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$577/night.

Kingston Hotel(Vancouver)
US$207
Hotels.com
1,601 results
All reviewsstanley parkoverlooking english bayhistoric hoteldenman streetwest endthere is no air conditioningsea wallgranville islandan older hotelcan't beat the locationamazing locationhome away from homelots of restaurantsvisit vancouvercorner roomfew blockslounge
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed at the Sylvia Hotel for a 4 night get-away with friends. We had a suite with access to an adjoining bedroom and bathroom, which was absolutely perfect for 2 couples. The view of English Bay and location can't be beat. We enjoyed the many restaurants in the area and access to the sea wall and walking the beach. It has the feel of a more residential neighbourhood than being downtown in a big city, yet is close to everything you could want. The restaurant is quaint and affordable with amazing views of the ocean. Loved it and will definitely be back. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. It is not a modern hotel and if you look closely you can see signs of its age. The elevator is small and slow, but the history and mood of the hotel far outweighs these small inconveniences. I would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway for couples and friends.

Room Tip: Definitely try for a room with a view of English Bay.
4  Thank thetravelbug49
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

The rooms to stayed in are great for couples and larger families, those types are limited and for extended stays need to be booked well in advance to make sure that they are available, Like other have said on this site the location is perfect (the best in Vancouver in my opinion. The views from the restaurant at night are amazing all year long. Watching the sunsets in the lounge is a favorite pass time of the locals. Thank-you for highly recommending the Sylvia Hotel.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

The Sylvia Hotel dates back to at least 1913 and not allot of changes have taken place to destroy the original charm of this hotel. It is situated on the corner of Gilford and Beach and right across the street from English Bay. If you are looking for ultra modern do not go to the Sylvia but if you want the experience of feeling like you have stepped back into the past, a quieter and little more classic time, then head for the Sylvia. We have stayed here a number of times and while we enjoy it every time...we always ask for beach view. our favorite stay was one night of the Symphony of Fire. This is an international competition of fireworks display over English Bay and with a beach front view one can enjoy the show from your room! The lobby and staff are all cheerful and helpful. I love this place! And so does my husband.

Room Tip: BE sure to take advantage of the views of English bay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Honeymoonjunkie
rdyck, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank-you for your comments about the Sylvia Hotel, I could not have said it better myself. The word classic is often used to describe us. I enjoyed your comment that "my husband likes the hotel too". I hope that he is not hard to please. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have stayed here 5 or 6 times over the past 5 years. You simply cannot beat the location and charm of this hotel. The staff are exceptionally helpful and genuinely friendly. The Sylvia is my first choice whenever I go to Vancouver, and its location is probably my favorite place in Canada. I feel like I'm at home at the Sylvia.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator and/or in a corner of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Basil S

Great comments "You simply cannot beat the location and charm of this hotel. The staff is exceptionally helpful and genuinely friendly. The Sylvia is my first choice whenever I go to Vancouver, Almost sounds like I wrote it myself. Being the General Manager of this hotel is such a pleasure and when I get comments about the service and my staff it makes all the extra hours and hard work all worth while. I will pass along your comments to the crew. However my favorite comment is "I feel like I am at home at the Sylvia" WE WORK HARD TO MAKE EVERY GUESTS FEEL THAT WAY. Thank-you

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Loved the ambiance of this classic old hotel. We had breakfast twice in the lovely restaurant and the second time we were in a hurry. The waitress was excellent and made sure we got our food with time to spare. The location could not be better with lots of tourist attractions and great shopping right there. Beds were very comfortable. Rooms were very clean.

The only complaint that I have is that when I booked our room I was assured that we were getting a room with a view of the bay. When we checked in, we were told that we had been upgraded...nice. But unfortunately we had been upgraded to a non view room that had a kitchen, which we didn't need. When I asked about this, I was told that the hotel was booked solid now and there was nothing they could do. Unfortunate.

Room Tip: If a view room is what you want, make sure you stress this and I'd even phone a day ahead to double check! And we were in the older section, which I wanted. I believe there is a newer section as well.
3  Thank CarenP39

Great to hear that the restaurant crew was able to get your meals to you in a hurry, nothing worse than having to wait when you are in a hurry. I agree that our beds are great; I have always said that "we sell sleep". In regards to booking rooms with a view, we never do guarantee those rooms because of the limited number of rooms with views and so many people change their length of stay, so we do our best and succeed in most cases. However, calling the hotel to double check is always a good idea.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

fromcanada51 expressed my sentiments exactlly. It may have rained every day, but it was only a drizzle. The Hop On Hop Off trolley stopped just outside our door, so we had access to all of Vancouver. Our corner room w/wrap-around windows provided a gorgeous view of the bay. You have to love getting a metal key on a leather fob for your room, which was returned to its cubby hole each time we went out!. Just like in old movies! The room itself had all the comforts of a big chain hotel. Restaurant was ok, and served a perfectly good breakfast. Staff was not knowledgeable about trolley discounts. Fortunately we called the trolley company. I'm looking forward to staying there again!!

Room Tip: Get a corner room for the view of the bay!
4  Thank r0se65

Living in Vancouver we sometimes forget about how much people say it rains in Vancouver, I wish we could control the weather. We call it "liquid sunshine". We have been using the old style room keys since 1912 and having you drop them off at the front desk before you leave the hotel allows us to get to know our guests better. Please come back anytime and we will welcome you with open arms.