2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 03/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$152
TravelocityUS$136
Trip.comUS$139
2,190 results
All reviews stanley park overlooking english bay historic hotel denman street west end there is no air conditioning sea wall granville island an older hotel fabulous location love this hotel lots of restaurants visit vancouver corner room ivy lounge seawall
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love the heritage feel of this hotel and it was very nice. When I checked in, my original room number was crossed out and a room on a lower floor was over written in pen. I asked why, and I was told that because I was single and only staying one night, others had priority over the room. I found this a bit discriminatory and unfair. I had booked well in advance to secure a higher floor, but someone decided I was not as important as a couple staying multiple days. Apparently people who travel solo are not as valued as couples or families.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gaetan Bottier, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I'm glad you enjoyed our Hotel and our location. I'm very sorry you felt your booking was downgraded and the reason why leaves me quite confused unless it is rate related. I would invite to reach out to me directly should wish to voice these concerns further.

Gaetan Bottier, gaetan@sylviahotel.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My cat and I needed a place to stay for a day while our home was under renovation, so we chose the nearby Sylvia Hotel. We were given a beautiful, quiet and very spacious suite where I had a productive work day and kitty had room to play. The front desk staff were so friendly, kind and accommodating! I also had a delicious brunch at the Sylvia's Restaurant outside on their patio overlooking English Bay where the service was outstanding. I highly recommend a stay at the Sylvia Hotel whether for business or for leisure.

Dear Martine and Oreo,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A beautiful, historic and comfortable hotel that makes you feel welcome the minute you walk through the doors and the location and views can not be beat! Due to Covid 19 dining was room service or on the terrace. Weather was perfect for breakfast and brunch on the terrace. Food was lovely and all staff were courteous and friendly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter and I decided to do a "staycation", as travel is impossible. You are right by the beach, the staff is wonderful, super clean rooms that are huge. You feel like you are in another country....thank you to everyone at the Sylvia, especially at this very trying time. You made our "birthday" celebration very special: thank you so much for the complimentary wine.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staying at The Sylvia Hotel feels like home. The staff is always so welcoming. I also stayed here 2 years ago and had the same server this visit, must be a great place to work to have staff for 15 years! I will stay at The Sylvia whenever I am in Vancouver.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gaetan Bottier, General Manager at Sylvia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review.