Century Plaza Hotel & Spa(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$450
US$415
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewspeak roombeach roommountain roomgarden suitewest endrobson streetstanley parkb and bfresh baked cookiesbreakfast was delicioustree lined streetwithin walking distancequiet neighborhoodeach morningdowntown vancouverthree nightslittle touches
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I went to Vancouver for a 3-day conference, and i'm not one to have others choose accommodations on my behalf. I found this place at tripadvisor (Great resource as always), and trusted my fellow traveler's five star reviews. Got the Beach Room, and i could not take myself away from the place. I can't ask for more from a BB place. It was clean, and quiet. two things i need especially during conferences. The food served was okay, though i'm not much of an eater also. I'd definitely book again at Barclay's House this coming summer of 2013, as I've not really had the time to go around the place. Very convenient for people like me who like to walk around and see the community. Really close to where the action is - Stanley Park, the Granville Ferry and China Town! Kudos Guys!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank Xrystian T
Reviewed 20 October 2012

The young friendly staff just brightened the day love the host made us laugh (dennis) and the place was so organized, clean. and if you want to stay in ...for relax after a long day exploring the city .this place would be nice for you.
.I really personally love the place because of it's access to everything. shops, malls, cafe, restaurants etc."awesome place to stay"

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Yna28
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Ive stay in barclay house for about 3 days w my friend... I love this place coz its like home cleaned and quiet... Thank u so much for the staff they hve a wonderful costumer service. I would defenitely recommend to all who wants to stay in robson vancouver.... Its walking distance going to beach and in the city... Thanks for the people who work there they have such a nice and welcome you w thier smiles . I would be glad to see you again nxt few mnths..

• Stayed: September 2012
8  Thank Kleoclark
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I wanted to book 2 nights at Barclay House for early January 2012 and use a gift certificate I was given for one night's stay leaving me to pay for one night. I was informed that with the new owners were not honouring gift certificates issued by the previous owner. How odd and non-condusive to customer acquisition & retention. These new owners obviously do not understand the fine art of hospitality. It's unbelievable that with even a near full availability and commenting that "things are slow", they opted not to accept the certificate plus the one extra night to be paid - after all, someone paid for that certificate in the first place as well !

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lino I
Yoshiko C, Owner at Barclay House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

We regret that your gift certificate was not honored. Please take into consideration that accountability of previous owner was not endorsed to the new owner, if you're familiar with legalities, the deed of sale always have this quote "free from any liens, claims of whatever kind, nature from third person. I agree that it was paid for you but the payment isn't to the new owner and isn't part of sale as well. What was billed to you is for the service and accommodation rendered by the current management who precisely have different organization from manpower to supplies. We hope this clears the matter.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Based on all the five star reviews, we stayed here for four nights. For the price we certainly expected much more. The best thing about this house is the location, very close to downtown. The food was below average for a b & b and very skimpy with no flair. The thing I like least? The dirty carpets everywhere. Because they don't ask guest to remove their shoes at the door, the carpets are dirty in the halls and rooms. Too bad - provide guests with slippers at the door and problem solved. Also, no personal touches in rooms - walls bare of pictures, no paper on which to write a note and when we arrived the former occupant had left the quilt dirty and it wasn't replaced.

Room Tip: good room? somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your review and basically, we are open to any negative comment as we deal it as room for improvement. We are a bit cautioned though that your expectation was not met. However, this is the firt time we encountered such comment from food, grooming, cleanliness. Your observation is far fetched, we can't just ask our guest to remove shoes as we cater all cultures. If you are in Japan, Korea then probably, that can be applied. Among our numerous guest you're one of a kind to have observed all these things and thank you for initating our room for improvement.