Barclay House Bed and Breakfast
  • Pool
Carmana Plaza(Vancouver)
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
All reviewspeak roombeach roommountain roomgarden suiterobson streetwest endstanley parkhighly recommend this b bfresh baked cookiesbreakfast was delicioustree lined streetwithin walking distancequiet neighborhoodeach morningdowntown vancouverthree nightslittle touches
Reviewed 24 July 2017

After our Alaskan cruise we wanted to spend a few days in Vancouver before heading back home. We found the Barclay House on Trip Advisor and liked the reviews. The rooms were fantastic as was the entire house. Dennis was very accommodating even taking our luggage early on our arrival days so we could start exploring Vancouver. Stanley Park, Granville Island, Robson Street were just a few places we were able to see. There were many great restaurants and pubs within close walking distance. Dennis was always there to provide recommendations. Rooms were very clean with cookies each night as well as a map of Vancouver. B&B was on a tree lined street only a couple of blocks off Robson Street. The breakfast was fantastic with plenty of food to eat. We sat on the large porch in the evening to enjoy a glass of wine and people watch. Very quiet neighborhood.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Beach Room which was on the 2nd floor with large windows. No issue with noise.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Barclay Bed & breakfast for three nights before a cruise. The house is in a great location close to Stanley Park and Robson St. We stayed in the Mountain Room which was great. The bed was comfy and the bathroom and shower were down a private hall. Chocolate chip cookies were on your bed after a long day sightseeing. Breakfast was great and varies with three courses each day. The best part of the Barclay Bed & Breakfast is Dennis the owner. He is a gem with great restaurant recommendations and sightseeing ideas. We really enjoyed talking with him. If we are ever in Vancouver I would only stay at Barclay Bed and Breakfast.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank explorergm
Reviewed 30 June 2017

My wife and I stayed two nights in mid-June 2017. Breakfasts were fantastic. WiFi worked well (in contrast to many places). Owner was very helpful and extended every courtesy to us. We celebrated our 47th anniversary while in Vancouver :-)

Room Tip: Select a room at which construction is not going on next door.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We rented the whole B&B for out-of-province members of our family attending a wedding in June. The house is beautiful and every room well-appointed. We had to switch one couple from a second floor room to a ground level suite for their accessibility, there was no problem with making that change. Dennis and staff are very thoughtful and considerate, and provided a warm welcome. Our family gathered every morning for delicious hot breakfasts, and there was much easy laughter between us and the host. Located on a quiet tree-lined street, great walkability with easy access to beach, Stanley Park, Robson Street, float planes. Barclay House B&B was the perfect hub for all our comings and goings, and we appreciated the free parking. We can't thank Dennis enough for his generosity to our family, and those of us who live in western Canada will be back!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I stayed at Barclay House while attending a conference nearby for my work. The place was substantially cheaper than the hotels in the area AND it was much nicer. Just like the pictures my room was clean, quiet and private. The host was always there if I had questions or needed something. On the last day of my conference I had to go home early because I wasn't feeling well. When I was checking out the host commented that I'd missed breakfast and that he was worried about me. He ran to the kitchen and put together a plate of food for me to have on on the ride home should I get hungry. It was an incredibly sweet gesture and really showed that he cared. You'll never receive treatment like that at a hotel, only a little piece of heaven like Barclay House.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business