US$452
US$350
US$306
Cancelon
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Shaughnessy village was overall a positive experience for the few weeks we were there.

Advantages:
- close to Vancouver General hospital and bus stop to downtown Vancouver
- clean newly refurbished room with excellent balcony view from the higher floors.
- good shower with hot water always available
- comfortable if slightly small sofa bed for 2 people
- affordable price
- little noise, although there was shouting one or two of the nights (there were a number of odd characters)
- cleaning staff extremely helpful with replacing towels and giving us means to clean our room ourselves, as well as some kitchen utensils we were missing.
- a few supermarkets and restaurants nearby. I recommend the Japanese sushi place: Kisokoma - lovely family-run place with delicious affordable sushi.

Disadvantages:
-we had an ensuite room with a sofa bed - pretty cramped but tolerable if you're not spending too much time in the apartment.
-wifi was extremely poor and sometimes didn't work at all, which became rather troublesome.
-the apartment reception is under construction. The people on reception conveniently didn't mention this to us until we asked. This meant there was no chance of a lie in on a weekday with the noise.
- none of the extra amenities such as pool, gym etc are actually available - so do ask about this as what you really get is just a room.
-the secretary staff typed my credit card details in manually, which really shouldn't ever be done. This led to my card being blocked on arrival in Vancouver.
-there appeared to be discrepancies in how rent was to be paid. We were told on the phone that we could pay half at the beginning then half midway through the stay. On arrival, the receptionist said we had to pay it all at once. This was rather difficult when coming from abroad carrying a limited amount of money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank happyfeet12345
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hi folks, my stay in the shaughnessy village now called the apt was excellent. I stayed for two months in may & June. Owner of this place has the right idea. Room for 1 person offering all your needs. sofa bed,closet and drawers,balcony with a view,North Side has the best views where you have the downtown and beautiful views of the mountains and water,I was on the south side but still had a beautiful view on the clear days of Mount Rainier which was awesome.for those who need to do paperwork or need a place to use the computer,& eat you're meals,there is a nice size wall desk & plastic chair. Kitchen offers sink, microwave, nice counter top electric oven, cabinets top & bottom with lots of space, good clean & cold working fridge including small freezer but certainly enough for one person. There is counter top space, but small area. Both sofa & bed that opens up are comfortable. Bathroom is good size with sink & mirror along with cabinet space for toiletries. Shower inside bathroom is excellent with great water pressure and good hot & cold. The rooms are very clean & I found no bugs. It's your responsibility to keep the room clean. There is maid service at extra cost. If you leave the balcony door open,there is a good chance for a fly, bee, mosquito,even a seagull wanting to say hello. The lighting is good & very bright on the sunny days. Floors are vacuumed daily & the entire place is maintained & kept clean. During my stay there were renovations going on that caused very little inconvenience. It looks to me when the renovations are completed,there will be a nice pool,Jacuzzi,gym,laundry room,Restaurant & coffee shop. The outside premises are nice and spacious.you can relax quietly by the gardens & waterfalls,or make yourself a BBQ at the barbecue grills in the courtyard. Space for bikes, electric bikes,etc.. Location is great. Easy access to all necessities.12 floors but operating two elevators makes waiting time minimal. Finally, last but not least is the staff & service. The manager's name is Ron & does a superb job running the Apt village. He is professional & friendly. I Any questions,problems,or help,he will give you the best service. I found all the desk staff to be nice & courteous. Also found the cleaning staff to be nice, reliable, & friendly. BTW, breakfast every morning on the first floor, & tables & chairs that can be used for meals throughout the day. I highly recommend this place, and will return hopefully for much longer stay's in Vancouver. Howard w.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank jgfrg
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed for 3 weeks whilst in Vancouver on business. I had some reservations given some of the reviews, but I've come to realise that some folk will find an excuse to complain about anything! I don't think you can find a short term sublet, nor a hotel room, for this kind of price in Vancouver. The room was clean, awesome shower, comfy sofa bed. The front desk was always manned and I never felt threatened, even as a woman travelling alone (and returning back to my room very late/ in the early hours). The staff were friendly and helpful. Yes, there were some odd ball characters, but there was a real mix if business folk, students, holiday makers and regular (really nice) people that lived there too. If I was to offer a suggestion for improvements it would be access to a kettle, toaster, cutlery, crockery and a pot and pan or two- the kitchen had a hob, microwave, tea towel, but I had to buy some essentials from the dollar store, which was fine but a bit of a pain when you know it's only for 3 weeks use. But I'd still go back!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Ruth W
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We chose this place for its great location. It was clean and bright and the staff were all friendly and helpful. We were disappointed that the pool wasn't available due to construction, but were very pleased with the garden area.
It was a little odd to have to go pick up our required utensils for the kitchen.

All in all it was a good clean place in a great area for a great price!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I moved here from out of province and was hoping not to sign a year's lease so this seemed a perfect place. Since I have been here, the laundry facilities have been moved to the parking garage, and don't have hot water, the place is a construction site with constant banging and construction noise, the common areas are now closed and under construction. The rent includes Wi-Fi, but access is spotty at best, so if you rely on it for schoolwork, you have to go to a coffee shop or stay and suffer your computer freezing up with limited or no access at busy times. Essentially, you are paying to live in a room, which has been recently refurbished and is clean and bright, but is also the size of a closet. The website lists a lot of services but the pool is closed (for the season) and neither of the hot tubs are working, there is no gym here (although the website claims there is a fitness room). It is depressing living here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo