“Great service and good food”

The Oakwood Canadian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oakwood Canadian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 4,038 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Cross street: MacDonald
Transit: Bus stops within a block
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's not the first time I've written this about a restaurant in Canada, but the service was impeccable and the food not quite matching those standards.
I'm a bit older, but prefer substance over show. I'd rather have impeccable food and good service.
Some of the dishes were very tasty, but some were a bit average (potato dumplings).
Delicious, amazing and awesome?? No, just good/very good.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant and were not disappointed. Our waiter Robert was knowledgable about the menu the wines and the whiskey. My husband was surprised and delighted at how tasty a kale and Brussels sprouts could taste. He then had the burger and I had the ling cod. We then shared a delicious chocolate Grenache desert.

1  Thank Travelisfun50_11
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Would highly recommend this place! Food is fast, service is great and it's got a great atmosphere. Best restaurant in Kitsilano!

1  Thank Joelle W
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate at the restaurant recently and we could not have been more happy. The food was delicious, beautifully presented and the service was second to none. We will certainly be back next time we are in Vancouver

1  Thank Veronica H
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We are visiting from Ontario and had dinner here tonight with my husband. This place was recommended at the vrbo where we are staying. We had the kale salad, potato dumpling and pork belly. All was delicious and waitress was awesome with food and drink suggestions.

2  Thank SharonSmithe