“Superb sashimi.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Granville
Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

This is not a sushi place tho there are a couple of rolls on the menu of course. This is wonderful japanese pub food. We were very warmly greeted and experienced excellent and friendly service with some special extras as they celebrate their 5th anniversary. Really superb and fresh sashimi. I had the hot chicken entree and it was fabulous and my friend loved her choice as well. Luckily I live nearby and will be back to sample more of the delightful menu.

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

I've been here twice. The last time I went was two days ago. My friend and I were greeted by everyone, food was tasty and it went downhill when we received our bill. Our server seperated our bills into two. However it was split right into two. First, My friend had ordered a cocktail that costed more than my beer. I let it go since the price difference was not significant. Lastly, my part was $26 and I put down $40. I was asked by the server if I wanted change.. Servers should always offer change no matter how much the change is. I replied to him with a "Yes I would like change." His response... "How much change would u like to get back?"

I was shocked.. I told him that I wanted to get the change and I'll figure the tip from there. He seems a little flustered with what I said. So I just gave him a $30 and left it there. I didn't want to leave a tip after the situation but I didn't feel like arguing or making a scene either.

Overall, it is customer service 101 not to ask any guests for change and how much do they want back. I am a server. I personally would NEVER treat my guests just the way I was treated. It is insulting, offensive and rude. People care more about how they are treated than coming out of their way to eat at a place where they can eat somewhere else.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

We went to Suika for dinner on Friday night and not thinking we could get in. But they let us in, with the proviso that we eat and vacate our places at the bar within an hour. No problem - we' ve been there before and know that the service was fast. We ordered the beef shortrib, it was, as always, the most delicious thing on this planet! Then we had the My Ebi Mayo and it was great. Finally, we had the special toro battera, the pressed sushi with what it tasted like very soft ground up tuna on the top. Also divine. This place is a gem but it is not cheap. Don't miss out.

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

I'm here eating at Suika and I literally do not want to leave. Takeshi is greeting his regulars as warmly as a new face like mine, his friendliness and warmth is infectious.

Upon the awesome recommendation of my server, I order the Aburi Shime Saba sushi and the grilled sable fish dish, both mouth watering and full of delicious flavor. By the time I get to dessert, I take Takeshi's advice and will be trying the Almond Tofu which he says I won't regret. Excellent building of trust here, cause I have no doubt he is right.**** UPDATE: yes it's freakin delicious.

If you come alone or as a couple, sit at the counter so you get blessed with this energy, it's really nice. My first Izakaya experience in Vancouver, and I am in love. y'all are lucky you get to be regulars here, cause I would.

Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Came Vancouver for leisure travel. Fren recommended me to go and it's really good. The sashimi r very fresh. There is this grilled beef dish that is really tender. Another of my fav is the cold ramen salad; not just the usual sesame sauce, there is also some other tangy taste to it too. Totally love this dish!

Suika mojito is a must try too. Yuzu mojito is so so only.