“Excellent!!”
Review of Minami Restaurant

Minami Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Minami Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 3,937 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Helmcken and Davie
Transit: We are located half a block east of the Yaletown - Roundhouse Canada line Skytrain station.
Description: Established as the second location of the Aburi Brand in North America, Minami Restaurant offers a combination of Japanese and West Coast cuisine in a comfortable, rustic atmosphere. Minami presents the Aburi take on red meats and seafood dishes to enjoy with your choice of sake, wine, or specialty cocktail. From intimate gatherings with family and friends to professional corporate events, our welcoming atmosphere with amazing cuisine and impeccable service creates a lasting dining experience. Aburi Sushi is a corporate symbol of our company, enjoyed by local Vancouverites and international travellers alike. Minami is excited to introduce the innovative concept of Aburi Sushi appetizers. This combination of our shari (sushi rice), cooked using a unique traditional method, and our flame searing technique has turned sushi into a truly exciting culinary experience. At Minami, Aburi sushi is best enjoyed as a zensai (appetizer) course and, paired perfectly alongside your favourite beverage, sets the stage for the rest of your Aburi dining experience. Our entrée menu places an emphasis on our beef, poultry, and seafood cuisine. Our dedicated team of chefs perfects our entrées not only by focusing on the protein, but also by pairing it with fresh, seasonal vegetables in order to complement the rich flavour of the meat. We insist that a great entrée must be accompanied by an equally great side. Minami is the sister restaurant of Miku Restaurant.
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I went to Minami yesterday with colleagues. One of them highly recommended this place and I must thank him for making me discover it. Minami has become my top pick for sushi in Vancouver, but the restaurant is much more than that: the octopus appetizer was excellent, the roasted veggies delicious, and all the fish dishes we shared were first-rate. But the real treat was one of the desserts, the Green Tea Opera, simply fabulous in its imaginative and delightful combination of flavours and textures.

I will definitely look forward to the next occasion for coming back here!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Food was great. Especially recommend Ebi Oshi Sushi. Can't help but love it. Not like regular sushi. Service is friendly and excellent. Moderately expensive

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I love love eating here. We usually make a reso for 6pm so parking is easy. Although they do have valet parking (maybe just on weekends?). And we have whatever they recommend. The pressed sushi is a must and we always have a glass of the Cremant. Lovely sparking wine.
We have some of the best food in Vancouver and this place is on my top 10!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I recently experienced the wonderful cuisine at Minami, Yaletown, Vancouver. The atmosphere was lively, trendy and the food was delicious. The maître d and all the waitresses were fantastic and very attentive. The salmon oshi and the sable fish were really good. I also ordered a Moscow mule which was one of the best I have ever had. I would highly recommend Minami, but be advised, it is expensive.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend this little gem offering up the freshest seafood, eclectic presentation and a winderful not too crazy not too quiet PERFECT vibe. The service was great, sashimi AMAZING and the prices were reasonable.