“Very Good Price fixed offering”

La Cigale French Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cigale French Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #285 of 4,040 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Description: La Cigale French Bistro, serves french cuisine and is located along 4th Avenue, in Vancouver's Kitsilano neighbourhood. Formerly Bistrot Bistro.
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The Prix Fixe Menu at C$32 is a very good value at this restaurant. It is not available on Friday or Saturday nights. I have never been disappointed with my selection.

1  Thank Chris-YVR

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

The food is pretty good and reasonably priced. But the front of the house is a disaster. Waitresses after nice but they are disorganized and understaffed. 20 minutes for a Caesar because the waitress / bartender (they do double duty) could not find the salt. She was worried when you order a coffee because "the machine takes some time". Slender came melted. And so on.

1  Thank Ben R
Jason_LaCigale, Owner at La Cigale French Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Thank you Ben for taking the time to communicate your dissatisfaction.
We truly appreciate your review, as we are trying to grow and provide an enjoyable experience for all of our guests.
If I am correct you came in for Mothers Day brunch, at or around 12:30 in the afternoon. Mothers Day is with out a doubt the busiest day of the year. Regardless these issues that you pointed out are non-excusable.
I truly wish you had pointed out the fact that your Caesar had come melted and that it took as long as it did, we would have happily taken care of it for you.
I do apologize for the confusion as to how long our coffee takes. Our espressos, cappuccinos, lattes and americanos are brewed to order using locally roasted Bar 9 espresso blend. While they do take time, perhaps it was the stress of the day that came through on our relatively new staff.
Again we sincerely apologize for the lack of service on your special day with us at La Cigale, I invite you to contact me directly at info@lacigalebistro.ca and we can hopefully make it up to you.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I have been here twice now. Once we were a table of two and the most recent time with a large group. Having a standing menu angled so you can read it to choose your meal is kind of neat. Allows them to update their menu easily. We had the assiette campanarde, rabbit, special beef cheeks and creme brûlée to finish it off. The food was delicious and well presented visually and the service very good.

1  Thank Where_to_travel_next
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I were excited to see a little French bistro on our shopping excursion and went in for lunch. Our waitress gave us good service throughout the meal. We ordered escargots as an appetizer to share. I ordered the croque monsieur sandwich. My daughter loves duck and ordered the duck confit sandwich. After we ate, I felt fine but my daughter was feeling nauseous. When we arrived home a couple hours later, she threw up three times. Duck is no longer a favourite of her's. We won't be back.

Sorry to hear this feedback. This is very serious to us, as we take food safety with the utmost importance. We pride ourselves on working in a clean and organized environment with properly sanitized utensils and equipment. Following proper cooking times and temperatures and cooling procedures.

As you were instructed by one of our managers to contact the Vancouver Coastal Health, we also contacted the VCH in regards to this matter. To date there have been no other complaints of illness.

We take food safety very seriously and ensure that all of our food meets the highest of level of standards. Our Chefs are well trained professionals, they have decades of experience and the highest level of educational certificates.

We locally source our ducks from farms throughout the Fraser Valley. They are prepared by way of classical preparation. Lightly cured in juniper salt and slow cooked in real duck fat for 2 to 3 hours till they're fall of the bone tender.

We are truly sorry to loose you as a customer as every customer is important to us.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Slow, Slow, Slow service.
Only one waiter for the entire restaurant. The waiter is at the same time the barman. Very disappointing service. The food was ok but took hours. By the time we were finished dinner most of the deserts were sold out. This was one of my favourite neighbourhood restaurants but we won't be back. Too bad.

1  Thank gus56-canada
Jason_LaCigale, Owner at La Cigale French Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

First of let me apologize for the lack of service provided to you at your recent trip to La Cigale.
It was clear that you were unhappy with the service during your time of dinning.
Although we made things up to you by providing a great discount; removing drinks, discounting your entire bill and opting not to charge the gratuity that is normally applied to tables of 8 or more, it is apparent that it was not enough. As far as taking hours to dine, two hours start to finish is typical for a table of 8 that orders a three course meal.
Thank you for your feed back, as this helps us improve and provide a better guest experience.