“Good food”
Review of Deutsches Haus

Deutsches Haus
Ranked #1,385 of 4,068 Restaurants in Vancouver
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Somewhat stumbled on this place, researching places near to our Airbnb. Really enjoyed the food and beer and the staff were great.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Enjoy some authentic Schnitzel, especially on Tuesdays as the deal is hard to beat for $12.99. Good german music and drinks to enjoy for those that miss home or just love the culture

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Cozy Atmosphere
It’s been at least a couple years since I had a meal at the Deutsche Haus. I invited a friend and told him how much I was looking forward to share a typical German Meal with him in a traditional German Restaurant. It’s a cozy place with traditions and a good atmosphere. Both of us ordered the Wiener Schnitzel with “Bratkartoffel” and salad. Unfortunately, we both were somewhat disappointed as the Schnitzel was very dry the potatoes as well. I mentioned to my friend it must have been standing around, because the last time I ate there I had a great meal. So, I only hope that this was an isolated incidence. The service was friendly and good.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Nice atmosphere, good and varied selection of German prepared food at reasonable prices.

I had the Vienna Schnitzel and it was very good. Two thin slices of pork done in a light crust which was not oily. Very tasty. Served with fried potatoes with bits of bacon. The potatoes could have been chopped a bit smaller and done a little crisper, but they were still tasty. A small side salad was also included which was nice.

My dinner companion had the meatloaf with mushrooms and gravy, mashed potatoes and broccoli. The meal was satisfying.

Both meals were $16.50 each which was reasonable. There were some items which started at $10.95 and the most expensive was around $25.00 and this was for pork hocks which sounded very delicious.

This was my second visit to this restaurant and won't be my last.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

The interior decor of the restaurant is fittingly European, unfortunately the food was quite bland and tasteless. I ordered the special, which consisted of two schnitzels, salad, and mashed potatoes. The schnitzels were overcooked and hard, the salad was tasteless, and the mashed potatoes were cold and soggy. I won't be back.