“美味しい”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Neighbourhood: West Point Grey
Neighbourhood: West Point Grey
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

最近のVancouverの日本食レストランは本当の味を無くしてしまっている。しかし此処は昔ながらの本格的な日本の味でクオリティが高い!是非行ってください!おススメ!
High quality restaurant!!
Real Japanese food you can get!!
If you like Japanese food you gotta go!!

1  Thank 41kenjii

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We went to this restaurant recently for the very first time, inviting our friends with us. I had read rave reviews about this restaurant on Yelp so decided to give it a try. Unlike many Japanese or Chinese restaurants we had been to, this restaurant had relatively spacious seating and was quiet so was great for a relaxed conversation. The food we ordered included seaweed salad, tempura, sushi, sashimi (salmon and tuna), and Gindara saikyo. Seaweed salad was excellent as we were able to taste the natural flavour of the food instead of MSG. The Gindara saikyo (black cod) was exquisitely done so we ended up ordering 3 plates! The food overall was great.

Now the cons: It was expensive so I would consider this a fine/luxury dining. I do see the reason for being expensive: the food was meticulously and carefully prepared by a Japanese chef and of the food items that I could tell (some was hard to tell or to distinguish between this ones and the ones from other sushi restaurants) it was very fresh. However, I strongly advice against bringing teenage children (especially if they are active in sport) to dine at this restaurant as you may well be (almost certain you would be) shocked by the bill at the end. The wife of the chef (also the owner) was the only "waitress" when we were there; when there are many customers around you will have to ask her to refill your water or tea as she would be busy and occupied. Whenever we asked, however, she promptly delivered what we asked for.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I don't come here often as I live quite far away but every time I come, it's a memorable occasion. When Takumi was in Burnaby, I was in there just about every week. This time, I'm here with out of town visitors. We ordered sashimi (toro, hamachi and tuna). The fish was so fresh and creamy. We couldn't resist and ordered another round of the same. I've eaten plenty of sashimi in Japan and this is as good as much that I have eaten there. We also ordered ikura nigiri sushi. The sushi rice was perfect and the ikura was so tender and unctuous--so delicious!! We also ordered gindara (black cod). Again very tasty. We rounded out the menu with assorted tempura-very crisp and tasty and with an excellent dipping sauce. It's a small place but tastefully decorated. There aren't many good Japanese restaurants in Vancouver. This is one of the best.

2  Thank judystgmi
Reviewed 20 June 2017

The Takumi menu is a standard Japanese Restaurant Food menu; the space is contemplative and well designed; the service is efficient and friendly. The quality of the food is discernibly good and well made. The cone sushi wrappers are crisp and the contents especially tasty; the ebi/asparagus roll was generous. The seaweed salad was the real thing: an assortment of seaweed rather than the uniform green seaweed that is laced with food colouring; this seaweed was wholesome and fresh. I was pleased with this meal despite my yearning for something creative on the menu.

1  Thank Sassamatt
Reviewed 31 October 2016

This gem suffers from bad location. I am sure that if it were in a heavy travelled location it would be packed. But being on the edge of UBC on a street where even cannon balls get lonely at 9 PM, that is survives is a testament to its culinary qualities. I ate a wide sampling and was impressed. This is quality Japanese dining. Note the original art on the walls. Ask if you do not understand.

1  Thank lloyd b