“Excellent Japanese restaurant”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We are relatively new to Koko as we only discovered it 3 years ago but now it's hard to go anywhere else. Even after our recent trip to Japan we came back and were so impressed by the freshness and flavour at Koko. Our favourite dish is the Unagi Battera which is better than any that we tried in Tokyo or Kyoto. Vancouverites should try their BC Roll as they were the inventors of this roll and it's awesome!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Has been around long before sushi was trendy-family owned. My uncle who was a longshoremen used to eat here and brought my mom here many decades ago. Fantastic food, and the private rooms. I am not very adventurous but I have chatted with many people who eat here, and they get all the special dishes, and talk about how top notch the food is. I myself love the miso, ebi sunomono, tempura, ika ring, kamikaze chicken, beef teriyaki, gyoza. A bit pricier, the quality is worth it.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We went for a farewell dinner for four of us. We had 3 different kinds of sushi, teriyaki chicken and rice, vegan gyoza and vegetable tempura. The portion sizes were perfect and the service was impeccable. The decor is a little tired but the place is clean. Bill came to around $60 with drinks. Will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to KOKO quite regularly since we moved to this side of city. They have been in business for over 20 years. Sushi is always of very good quality. Our favorite is Battera Saba and Unagi. Chefs and staff are friendly. There is always Ikabana on display as a special touch. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Is it fancy...no
Is it pretty...no
Is it in the best location in town...NO
Is it grubby...yes

Have I eaten sushi everywhere else in the world...yes

Is it the best I have ever eaten...absolutely!!!

When ever I want sushi...I get in my car and drive the 2 hours to get it.

I hate that I know about this place...that I tasted his food...nothing else compares.

2  Thank E S