“Nice but not terrific”
Review of La Terrazza

La Terrazza
Reserve with OpenTable
La Terrazza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #557 of 4,138 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: Find us one block from the Yaletown Canada Line station.
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We brought friends visiting from Europe to La Terrazza on a Saturday night, expecting the place to be packed since we couldn't get a reservation anywhere else in Yaletown.
We had no trouble booking a table for four and were very surprised to see the restaurant only half full. Unusual for a weekend.
Our server was from the Middle East and so was our hostess so I'm not sure where the Italian comes into play here, besides the decor which is lovely. They were both very pleasant and professional and we appreciated the maitre'd stopping by to check on us.
Our guests wanted to order the veal chop from the menu but were told there was only one left. So one of them tried to order it, only to have our waiter return to the table to say it was gone. That was somewhat embarrassing. It was 7:30 on a Saturday, how could they run out of food that quickly when the place was half empty?
Our guests settled for the lobster pasta but when the bowls were brought to the table their jaws dropped. The portions were so huge they lost their appetites just by looking at the bowls. The charcuterie board as a starter was enough for six people and since we had ordered salads again it was way too much. We ended up leaving with doggie bags which got tossed as soon as we got home. My halibut was tasty and cooked just right though I didn't like the sides served with it.
All the menu items are on the pricey side.
The wine list is on an I-Pad so if you want to browse through the selections you have to be sure not to lose your page or go offline. I much prefer a printed book to select the wine. The wines were also extremely expensive, nothing much below $90 a bottle.
The bread basket was probably the best part of the meal. The breads and sticks were fresh and crunchy. The cappuccino after dinner was cold and had to be sent back to be heated.
So, with all of the choices of places to eat in the downtown area, I won't be bring my guests, or myself to La Terrazza again anytime soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

5 of us went for dinner with a reservation mid week (7 PM). Restaurant was very quiet and we were seated at a table in the back corner. Delightful warm interior, excellent service, large wine list, compact menu. Vancouver good tap water and complimentary bread (2 kinds of butter) arrived. All of us chose pasta for eats - Strozzapreti Bolognese (with meat ragú) , Giulio’s Pasta (with prawns), Spaghettini Alla Carbonara (with lobster) and a daily special of Linguini Mongole (with clams). All dishes were ample size and flavourful. A bit on the pricy side but worth dining here. Passed on dessert.

If you drive to the restaurant area parking is difficult however, the restaurant provides free parking in an underground garage next to the restaurant.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

As many of you know, we love to stumble onto a great restaurant when traveling. That is EXACTLY what we did on this one. We were walking back to the hotel and took a wrong turn and discovered this one! We were so pleased to experience a wonderful Italian meal at such a great price.

Here is how it stacks up on the critical measures:
Food--over the top in terms of quality, taste and presentation. The dishes were beautiful--works of art. By the way, the risotto was incredibly well prepared--not cooked in a pot but prepared to order!!

Wine list--MANY excellent options that are appropriately priced.

Service--excellent in every aspect. Helpful in describing the dishes, attentive to our needs without being intrusive, friendly without being pesty, and alert to all of his tables.

Ambiance--beautiful setting with a real touch of elegance without being tasteless. The building is very attractive from the outside as well.

Location--on a major street and easy to discover when passing by it.

Cleanliness--eneculate in the dining rooms and bathrooms!

Patrons--well dressed crowd that really seemed to be enjoying the food and service as much as we did.

Price--very reasonable for what you get--beautiful food that tastes great!

Of all the Italian restaurants we have ever eaten at, this has to be in the top tier. We will absolutely eat here again. This would be a nice experience at twice the price! You will not go wrong here.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We chose this restaurant because bookings were available and I felt like Italian. I knew it was pricy from the menu but thought that meant only good things. We were well treated on arriving early and seated in the lounge area that is cosy. The drinks were swift and they do a mean spicy Ceasar. I ordered a Bolognese being so very much an italian staple and my partner a pricy almost $60 fillet. The pasta was bad, I think hamburger helper may taste like this if I were to have ever eaten it. I sent it back to the kitchen and ate my partners meal in parts. For the fanfare and prices we expected so much more and would not go back even if someone else was paying. We eat well and dont mind paying good money for great food, this place was overrated.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Last minute birthday celebration brought us to La Terrazza. This was our 1st time dining here so not to sure what to expect. The appetizers were all delicious and I ordered the wild pheasant instead of a pasta dish. Rack of lamb was also ordered at our table and they really enjoyed it. I tried pasta from others at our table and they were good but not excellent to the point where I would come back just for that pasta dish.
Order the " Souflee" even though they don't call it that. The environment was very nice and it is fine dining. Our bill including tax was approx. $560 for 7 people with minimum alchohol drinks.
Just a tip, they do give you a parking pass so don't pay for the parking in the lot a few yards away.