“Amazingly Memorable”
Review of Sai Woo

Sai Woo
Reserve with OpenTable
Sai Woo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 4,153 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Contemporary
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: In the heart of Chinatown an historic storefront conceals the secrets of Sai Woo. Our modern dining room serves asian-inspired cuisine created with fresh ingredients and surprising, lighthearted twists. Cocktails are crafted with precision using top-shelf liquors, fine teas, and exotic fruits. We invite you to join us to write an enchanting new chapter in the history of Sai Woo. our upstairs dining room seats 100 and hidden downstairs lounge holds 75.
Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I chose this restaurant to celebrate the latter part of our intimate wedding for several reasons: the atmosphere of the interior, the reviews of the food and being able to make a large party reso without booking out an entire room (that was still an option too, but it was out of our budget, unfortunately.) The entire service was absolutely superb. Our waitress, Andrea was a superstar! She was thoroughly attentive of myself and my guests. She handled and served the table with such grace and charming charisma. We started the night with champagne followed by the pre-fix menu which was shared plates between the guests. It was great having a variety of small bites to appreciate the range of flavours that Sai Woo had to offer! Every dish was presented beautifully and tasted amazing. My only downfall was not having a big enough stomach to finish everything. The drinks, especially the Elderflower one was wonderful! Overall, my guests, fiance and I enjoyed our experience, the service, the food and the staff for taking such good care of us! I highly recommend booking with Sai Woo for a romantic date night or an important celebratory dinner! Also, one last note: corresponding with Kat, the General Manager, made me feel like I was in great hands. Her email replies were prompt and she ensured that all my requests in terms of any dietary restrictions, additional favours or decor was met! Sai Woo did a fantastic job on all fronts - I truly, truly appreciate the accommodating and caring service! :) THANK YOU!

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank Jenn B
Kat F, General Manager at Sai Woo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2016

Hello Jenn B,

Thank you for your kind works about your experience at and with Sai Woo Restaurant.

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our restaurant, and that Andrea made such a significant impact on your experience. We will be sure to share this feedback with her so that she is recognized accordingly for her contributions.

Thank you for choosing to dine with us and to celebrate such a special occasion! We hope to see you again soon at the Woo.

Best Regards

Reviewed 26 February 2016

Not much about the menu is very chinese except the fried rice. Flavours were also not very Asian. Everything was good but probably not worth a second visit.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Clean modern design. Competent staff and good service. Good food. Reasonable prices. Good acoustics. I'd go back.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 18 January 2016

We came back because it was so great the first time. And although the Dining Out menu meant we couldn't have a second try at favs like the fried rice, it was still a great dinner. laksa, cod and baklava are amazing. Beet salad and lemongrass chicken were also gray, as was the chocolate pate. We will definitely be back. When we can have the fried rice....

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 16 January 2016

Sia Woo was the place for our annual staff get together. The food was outstanding, and the staff went out of their way to make our night a special one. The restaurant is really beautiful. We had the downstairs private room with a full bar. Tasty drinks too.

Date of visit: January 2016
Kat F, Manager at Sai Woo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sai Woo Restaurant.

We are delighted that you thought the food and drinks wer great and I will ensure your compliments are passed on to the kitchen and front of house team! They are very proud of what they do and this will help reinforce their future efforts.

Thank you for choosing the Woo. We hope to Woo you again soon!