“GREAT PIZZA”

Cuisines: Pizza
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Our family of 5 walked here from our hotel (0.5 miles away) at 8:45pmish. They only have a 10" (personal size) and 14" (medium size) pizzas. My son ordered a 10" spicy shrimp and green onion pizza (weird, I know). The rest of us shared a 14" pepperoni and mushroom and another 14" ham and mushroom. The half mile walk back to the hotel was agonizing...the pizzas smelled so good.
WOW...this pizza is GOOD! The crust is crazy good. Even my son's weird topping pizza was GOOD! His pizza reminds me of a shrimp fra diavolo. Even my picky 6-year old who only likes cheese pizza says the ham and mushroom pizza is GOOD.
We're here only on vacation for a few days, but it looks like we will be eating here maybe once or twice more before we leave.
This is a CASH ONLY place.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

As a local, I would say this is the best pizza in the area. You can see all the authentic Italian tomato cans and other ingredients. But the proof is in the taste. I highly recommend the pizza especially the New Yorker.
Some other aspects is that it is cash only and hours are limited. You can call in the order for pick-up or delivery. I find on pick-up it is usually 5-10 minutes late especially at the peaks. But worth it!

Reviewed 18 November 2015

Even if you call the pizza in ahead of time, it probably won't be ready when you go to pick it up. One time I went to pick up the pizza, 45 minutes after I called it in, and the guy didn't have the pizza ready. He then told me he ran out of dough (which I think is an excuse) and told me to come back in 15 minutes. It was ready when I came back, and boy, was it delicious.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

I have actually lived quite close by to this spot for the past 2 years but never ventured out to try new pizza places. Was lazy and would order from the usual spots.

Glad I made an effort to change things up and seek up a local gem of a spot.

Crust is light but the pizza is filling and very flavourful. Tony has been at this for 21 years and this comes through. Bring cash as of 05/2012 no CC machine.

1  Thank bryanbhb2015
Reviewed 29 January 2015 via mobile

Been patronizing Zaccarys since the 80's. Lone-man artisan operation. Pumps out great 'za Tues-Sat with a great scope of quality products. Not your cheese-laden express pizza. In fact, it may take an hour or more if he's busy. Worth the wait if you care.

2  Thank Fosterbrowny