Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$304
US$290
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
Oak Bay Beach Hotel(Victoria)
US$274
1,466 results
All reviewsgames roomjonathan's restaurantfull kitchengreat locationone bedroom suitecourtesy shuttleparliament buildingquiet streethot tublaundry roominner harborsofa bedindoor poolport angeleswithin walking distanceno air conditioningupgraded to a suite
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. The suite was clean if a little dated. The bed was comfy but a little smaller than we are used to. Nice to have a balcony , although a bit noisy (room 303). We had a bit of a problem when we checked in. Firstly we were told it would be $50 a night for car parking, despite it being free. Then when we got to our room the key wouldn't work so my husband had to go back down to the front desk to sort. Finally when I asked about breakfast I was told by the guy who checked us in that the restaurant was nothing to do with the hotel. When we had breakfast there the next morning, which was excellent, we were able to put the bill onto our room. We made use of the pool and whirlpool as well as the laundry facilities which were reasonable at $2 for wash and same for dry. Brad gave us some excellent information about where to go providing us with a map which he anotated for us. Would recommend and use again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica C
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I had two sets of problems here. The first was that when I arrived after 12 hours of travel utterly shattered and disorientated - at 3.30pm - I did all the checking in stuff - and then the woman just told me - you are too early - your room won't be ready until 4pm. It made me feel like I was at fault - and not at all welcome. Then I said I'd go out for a walk and I wanted to leave my bags - and someone was hassling about tickets. I just said - put the bags in my room. Again - no thinking about how to make your guests happy (I was going to be spending £1K on the room - I was expecting some service culture). I complained about this - and to be fair to the hotel - they did apologise and gave me a bottle of wine!!! The second problem was more serious. One morning I went down to breakfast - as it happened too early for the restaurant (due to open at 7am - opened at 7.15am - and then the owner said - you can't have any food yet - and then was rude and offensive. I complained again - they said the restaurant is leased to someone else who wants to get rid of it - so they can't be bothered. Well I can emphasise with the hotel manager - but a hotel guest is not remotely interested in who owns/manages what - you just want your breakfast! This hotel has some big sorting out to do - and needs to get some service culture. You will find that every other establishment in Victoria is big on service culture - this hotel less so. Without knowing for sure that they had sorted their problems out - I would not be staying here again - there are too many other nice hotels in Victoria where you don't get these problems (I know because I had to go to some of them to get breakfast).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Bliss60
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I'm one of those people that just researchs everything to death before committing and I spent hours looking through a ton of hotel reviews and soliciting feedback before choosing one. And, even though the Royal Scot was personally recommended to me repeatedly, I, in fact, originally booked a different, extra fancy hotel for this trip because my mother-in-law wanted something 'on the nicer end'. But then that hotel's pool remodel was behind schedule and wasn't going to be finished in time for our trip (and my 9yo son's only travel requirement is a pool) so we had to re-book elsewhere. And I am SOOOO glad that happened. This hotel is 'on the nicer end'! And great- the rooms and the staff. I think it works for just about everyone. (Possibly, romantic couples hoping to use spa services and go to the hip restaurants and experience the 'night-life' might enjoy one of the more cosmopolitan hotels.) But for us, with a 9 year old and an MIL in tow, this was just the right level of fancy and comfortable and lovely. And close to the Black Ball Ferry terminal. And the Royal BC. And while Victoria is very walkable, two in our group have slight mobility issues so the courtesy shuttle was very much appreciated. The driver (Brad, I think) was fun to talk to. I will definitely save myself some research time and just book this right off next time.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2018

We just loved this hotel. It was part of a tour and just a one night stay, but if we were ever in Victoria again, I would book this hotel out of choice. We had a spotlessly clean and really comfortable suite with excellent beds so slept very well. We also eat in the restaurant and both had steaks which were cooked to perfection.
Wish we were still there now.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights during our visit to Victoria. Found this hotel through good reviews on Trip Advisor. We found the Royal Scot Hotel to be in a Great location, you can walk to the Harbor area and the City Center area. All tours pick up near the Empress Hotel, which is a short walk from this hotel. Rooms in excellent shape as is the entire facility. Staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our requests. They book our transportation and tickets to Butchart Gardens, also called and booked our transportation to the airport. Restaurant at the hotel was very good also,we ate breakfast there two of our 3 mornings, very good choices and cooked to order. If you are coming to Victoria, give his hotel a try, I am sure you will not be disappointed!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple