See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Seeking an easy inexpensive stay in Victoria coming and going on car ferries we needed convenience, free parking and non smoking room. This five story hotel gave us an adequate room with minimal amenities, a view of the garage next door , free parking and a quiet night. The downtown sites are more than a mile or 15-20 minute walk. Dinner choices seem closer to the downtown sites and shopping on lower Douglas Street.
The local diners and family restaurants in this part of town closed by 3PM.
Our room was not so clean as we recovered some lost pills from a previous guest and some small toys under the bed.
The air conditioner gave white noise over night and kept the humidity down.
Not a memorable place but adequate for one night. WE would seek a more cheerful place that had not been re painted so often you could see the layers of paint.

Room tip: get as high as possible although elevator service is slow
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2018

From the stale smelling hallways to the disgusting blood stained sheets with cigarette burns and holes in the bedspread. The saving grace was that the beds were comfortable and good range of tv channels.
Then with two of us in the room, we needed extra towels. The front desk brought us towels and washcloths that would have been better used in the rag bin. They were stained and torn. Apparently the room is only cleaned at the beginning and end of every stay. The pictures on the wall were stained with heaven knows what.
Some of the staff were outside smoking most of the time. Less than helpful when asked questions about the area.

Room tip: Third floor with ac and balcony
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The beds were great. We had booked a room with 1 king size bed but upon arriving since it was no longer my husband & I as planned, it was my girl friend so we asked for 2 beds and they kindly accommodated us. We also asked if we could check out on time but leave our car as our Convention schedule went later then check out and again they accommodated us at no charge. The rooms are old but clean no ice machine on floors

Room tip: Second floor was quite quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I was surprised to find the hotel, not at all what was advertised on Hotels.com. The clerk wasn't very professional ignoring us for almost 40 minutes while trying to check in another guest. It was 4pm and the rooms had not been cleaned yet. That person actually had to leave and come back in an hour or so because there were no other rooms to accommodate them. I wasn't happy that there was no acknowledgment of us entering the lobby or how long we had been waiting when I finally got to check in. There was no eye contact, just gave me a paper to sign, asked how I was paying and the gave me a key, then left the desk area. It had been a long day already so reluctantly I took the key and found the room. The wifi password was on the card, but when trying to log on it said that I was blocked for excessive usage. When the staff were questioned about how I could have excess usage when I just checked in and the website claimed unlimited wifi, they did not have an answer. Only that other guests were experiencing the same issue. If I went back to my room they would call the room and they would let me know when the issue was resolved. That call never came! Having no internet service I tried to use the "free" computer in the lobby. For some reason that kept kicking me off and shutting dow, again the staff had no answers. Giving up completely I went to the room and turned on the tv. some of the chanels were so quiet that even on max volume I could not hear it over the sound of the bass coming from outside. I questioned the desk about the noise and if there was a bar nearby or how long the music would be playing, if I was going to get any sleep that night. The answer was there was a bar down the road if I wanted to have a drink, the music could be a guest they have had that problem before but were not going to do anything about it. I went for a walk to find that the music was coming from a hotel outdoor lounge down the street. Frustrated, I went back to the hotel and was pleasantly surprised at how clean the bedding was. That was about the only good thing about this hotel. The shower was iffy with mold starting in the upper corners of the bathtub and on the bottom of the shower curtain.
In the morning I brought my garbage out to the hotel clerk and said we didn't need housekeeping as we only used the bed and I had items on the bed. Guess that was a hard request too because upon returning to the room my items were moved and the beds were made.
Also, don't be fooled that the address is on Douglas street. Douglas is also known as the Trans Canada Highway. Lots of traffic all night long. So you either listen to the loud squeaky airconditioner or the highway noise when in the room.

Room tip: Do not choose any room here!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Never cleaned my room after first night. Room was
Barely cleaned when we arrived. Garbage and cans under bed told
Front desk they didn’t seem to care not worth it. The management sucks lazy housekeepers nasty hotel should be closed down

Date of stay: May 2018