“Wow!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Comox, Canada
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I want to thank and congratulate the hotel and in particular your staff that took our reservation, greeted us at check-in and said goodbye at check-out. I made the reservation and just mentioned in passing the trip to Victoria was for my wife’s birthday. On arrival in our room was a lovely sampler box of Roger’s chocolates (which thankfully, she let me share!) and birthday card. Every time we met staff in the hallways or elevator the greeting was cheery and very welcoming.

On the Friday evening we enjoyed a ‘best ever’ dinner at Prime where the service was excellent and the ‘mac & cheese’ truly a surprisingly gourmet side dish.

The continental breakfast was well presented and exceeded expectations, the live lobby piano a delight! Our departure was efficient after a late checkout was granted and car retrieved, complete with bottled water.

Without hesitation I will encourage friends and business acquaintances to enjoy a stay at the Magnolia.

Room Tip: Harbour View
4 Thank Marty D
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Wow! Marty -- Thank you ever so much for the wonderful feedback.
Your review was lovely to read with such great deatil, we cannot wait
to have you back to the hotel. The piano, the service, the breakfast, the "best" dinner
ever.....THANK YOU for the kind words on behalf of our entire team.

I also really appreciate the recommendation you left
on the hotel's Facebook page.

I have emailed my personal contact info to you, and hope we see you back soon.

Best Wishes,

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This hotel always exceeds expectation. I travel extensively for business and I always enjoy returning to the Magnolia. Everything is always perfect. When I walk in the door and smell the Hot Apple Cider, I relax and know that I will be taken care of. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding and the food at Prime is always to perfection. Great job!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Charlene W
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My Wife and I just spent a relaxing weekend in Victoria at the Magnolia Hotel. We were attracted by the very good reviews and ratings on TripAdvisor. The hotel fully met our expectations.

To begin with you are staying in a location that enables walking to all of the downtown sights and restaurants. If you want to venture farther there is a bike rental shop one block south and two rental car outlets (Budget and National) two blacks to the southeast. Don't rent a car unless you need to as parking will cost $20/night.

Out room (#503) faced the harbour and had a king bed. It's fairly close to the elevator but we didn't really notice any noise. The room is large enough for a sitting area, desk, dresser and wet bar. Our room did have a safe. The bathroom has both a tub and shower. Aveda products are featured. The bed was very comfortable and the A/C system nice and quiet which helps get a restful sleep. Rooms on the north and west sides might hear bar noise on Fridays or Saturdays so you might want a room higher up.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant/ lounge next door. YOu certainly will not go away hungry. Oatmeal, toast, pastries, yogurt etc plus the usual coffee, tea, juice etc and lots of seating area. Grab a free paper in the lounge and have a relaxed breakfast.

Staff were friendly and helpful without being annoying. The room was clean and beds turned down in the evening.

Overall, at the price we paid ($121/night), I was very pleased.

Room Tip: Look for a room on a higher floor that has a south or west window(s) for the best views.
3 Thank Maplehawk
BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have not heard of this hotel before even though I went to Victoria so many times. I have stayed in several other hotels close to Parliament Hill but decided I'll try Hotwire for once and go with the adventure of discovering a new hotel. I thought a 4 star hotel with almost 100% recommendation won't be too far off. I was so happy to get booked into Magnolia, and everything is beyond my expectation. It is close to float plane terminal and everything else, and the room was immaculate. My only regret is my stay is too short, and I didn't get the chance to have breakfast there due to my medical need. But everything is very welcoming. I would definitely go back again. I didn't get any view in my room as it is looking out to the roof top and wall of another building, but it doesn't matter as I'm on a business trip and hardly get a chance to look out of the window.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Duncow
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

Great service, rooms and location, bonus is vallet parking, and breakfast. Have stayed here many times over the last 3 years and am always pleased. Staff are consistantly fabulous, rooms are lovely.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, some with fireplace, some with view of Parliment Buildings.
2 Thank Barbara150