“You can never go wrong for a great steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar On The Harbour

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar On The Harbour
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar On The Harbour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,170 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian, Soups
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wharf Street
Description: Quality, comfort and value are three key ingredients that make The Keg Steakhouse & Bar experience like no other. Our menu features tender, juicy steaks, slow roasted prime rib, succulent shellfish, the freshest of salads, irresistible desserts... and of course, an outstanding wine list.When it comes to steak, The Keg serves only the finest cuts. They are aged for tenderness. Then, a very special blend of seasonings is added to lend unique flavor while still allowing the natural properties of the high quality, well aged beef to be enjoyed to its fullest. This ensures that a tender, succulent, flavorful steak is guaranteed off the grill every time.Our inviting culture will always welcome you with a smile. Our staff is outgoing, knowledgeable and friendly, with a genuine desire to please. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar provides an atmosphere that encourages you to enjoy, relax and be yourself.
Vancouver, Canada
“You can never go wrong for a great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

we ate here last weekend and the food is always the best. The steaks are cooked exactly to your preference and the bread and butter they serve you all homemade is to die for. I had the sirloin oscar and it was loaded with scallops, prawns and crab meat. I thought it was the best steak I had eaten in a long time. Hubby had the porterhouse and he said it was cooked exactly how he requested it, along with garlic mashed potatoes. We had some of the famous Keg Sized drinks and wouldn't you know it I left my phone on the table when we left. I never noticed until the next morning that I hadn't picked it up off of the table when we left. I was really worried as they don't open until 4pm for dinner every night and we are from out of town and needed to run for a ferry back to the mainland. It was around 2pm and we tried the number and someone named Josh answered. I said I think I left my phone there last night and he said can you describe it, I told him the color which is pink and he said yes, someone found it last night and locked it in the drawer. He let us pick it up right then and there. I was so impressed. I can't say enough about the integrity of the staff and the delicious food at the Keg. It has always been one of my favourite places but now it is my go to for dinner.

• Visited February 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Lake Cowichan
“steak the way you want it every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

located just off the inner harbour on warf street Victoria, this place has been making my steak perfect for 20 + years

“Good Place to Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Good place to go in Victoria BC. The food is good ,the service is to .

• Visited February 2012
“Loved the steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

2 Kegs in town - the one downtown can get very busy in the tourist season. The one on Quadra is great for work get togethers.

“They know steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

The steak is always good at the keg. Steak with seafood done right. Always tasty and well seasoned. That being said it's not very exotic. So if you have a complex palate look elsewhere. My only real complaint it their wine list is a little short as is their selection of beer. Beer and steak pair well and Victoria has a huge selection of local brewers that make amazing product. Getting more local beers in would make me want to visit more often.