“Below Average”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Below Average”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed here for 1 night during Spring Break. The hotel front lobby and amenities are decent. Rooms are very dated. For $400 plus $30 parking for 1 night I would expected newer furnishings and at least a balcony. We took the elevator by the ice machine in the south tower and it reminded me of a elevator from a hotel on Hastings. I could care less if it is Whistler and ripping people off is expected. . I would recommend the Sundial for nicer finishings and a better location. Time for a renovation!

Room Tip: Expect to pay $1000 per night for something decent.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank vanguy28
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Vanguy28,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment during your recent visit to our hotel. We strive to provide all guests with a memorable experience through offering competitive pricing coupled with heightened service and product offerings.

I am confident that for any future visit, given our diverse offering of varying room types there would be an opportunity to provide you with something more accommodating to your preferences. Should you wish to give us another chance, please feel free to reach out and contact me directly.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is my fourth time staying at this property, always around the same time of the year. I like the staff helpfulness and how I was welcomed back to the property. The rooms are big and well maintained. Breakfast buffet offers variety of choices. Gym is bright and clean and equipment in good condition. A little wear and tear can be seen now along some of the hallways, but you really have to be picky to notice. Location is the best in the village as it is a 2 minute walk to the lifts, next to great restaurants and pubs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Neburazo

It’s great to hear that you keep coming back year after year. Equally important to us is that you keep receiving consistently high levels of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back for a return stay next winter but if ever you want to try a summer visit, please let us know and we’ll be happy to ensure you become a year round fan of our resort.

Warm regards,

Director of Operations.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 March 2012

A bit pricey but it has the best location in the village. Walk out the door, pass through Summit who valets your skis and you're at the gondola. (Summit is also the best place for rentals.) Staff all friendly and helpful. Great bar. We could keep our car in parking lot the day we checked out which was hugely appreciated.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Hilton Whistler Resort and Spa was the perfect hotel for our family ski vacation. Our family is mom (me,) a teen daughter and tween son. We had a one-bedroom suite that had a fireplace and a kitchen. There was a king bed and a pull-out sofa. We had plenty of room in the suite and we lit a fire every night (a fire log, which is replace daily.)
The housekeeping was superb -- everything tidied, without that feeling of wondering what had been rearranged.
I hadn't planned on cooking on vacation, but the kids were so tired after snowboarding all day, that on 3 of the 5 nights, they begged me to cook something so they could just stay in and relax. Luckily, they were happy with pasta, so it was quick and easy for me. There is a market less than a 5-minute walk from the hotel that had everything. I would put the dishes in the dishwasher at night, and when the Housekeeper came, she would unload everything and put it back in it's place -- it couldn't have been easier.
The Front Desk and Concierge was helpful and friendly -- after I checked in, it seems like everyone knew my name. The concierge booked a sleighride/fondue dinner for us and her recommendation on the activity was spot-on.
The location is the absolute best in Whistler -- literally steps from the Whistler Gondola. We used Summit Sports for our ski/board rentals and they have complimentary overnight storage, so we would leave our equipment there and be back in our room in less than 5 minutes.
We used the pool and hot tub every night. I thought I would use the work-out room, but just didn't have the energy. My daughter had a massage at the spa and said it was awesome.
All in all, a great stay and a perfect family ski vacation!

Room Tip: Select a room with a fireplace -- it was so relaxing watching the flames and enjoying that homey atm...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear MauiSurfriders

I am so delighted to hear of your wonderful stay with us. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the in-room facilities. Given the amount of snow that’s fallen, it’s no wonder that your kids would be so tired at the end of the day.

I will pass on your kind remarks to our Housekeeping and Front Office teams.

I hope you make this an annual trip with the family.

Warm regards,