“Food remains very good after many visits.”
Review of Resto Gare

Resto Gare
Ranked #23 of 1,733 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$11 - US$24
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central St. Boniface
Description: Classic French Bistro in 1913 historic St Boniface Train Station. Owned by the same family since 1983. Service available in French or English.
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Decided to try Resto Gare again after not having visited this year. Food remains very good and the service is excellent. Seafood bisque was creamy and delicious with a large shrimp and even a small lobster claw. Beef Bourguignon was tender but did not have enough mushrooms or sauce. I also could have done without the many cherry tomatoes in the sauce. Thin French Fries were very tasty.
My wife really enjoyed the trout. Place needs a bit of sprucing up but the food remains really good.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We revisited this restaurant 33 years ago to celebrate our anniversary of which we had our wedding dinner.

I had been here with a friend for lunch a month ago, and experienced great service and excellent food so thought it would be great to go back for our anniversary dinner.

Tonight, we ordered the onion soup which was excellent. My husband had steak and I had salmon. It was all good.

When ordering our dinner, I mentioned to the waiter it was our anniversary, having our wedding dinner at this restaurant 33 years ago. He seemed disinterested.

I wasn’t expecting bells and whistles but more of an interest on his part throughout the dinner experience.

I guess not all waiters are that involved in their diners purpose of restaurant selection for special occasions.

WinnipegCouchPotato, Owner at Resto Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Please call us to discuss. Management of Resto Gare is certainly interested in anniversary celebrations and know that most of our staff feel the same way.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

This may not look like much from the outside but wait until you get in. Beautiful museum like setting with a menu and food that is hard to beat. Great wine selection!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

There was a group of 8 for lunch. Had a round table and were able to converse and hear everyone. Food was delicious. Service was very friendly and attentive. This restaurant has been in operation for many years and we always enjoy returning for the good food.

2  Thank MbManny
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I reserved this restaurant for lunch with a friend. Upon arrival I realized I’d been to this restaurant before; my wedding dinner but the name had changed.

Service was so friendly, personable, delightful. Food was outstanding. A truly delightful experience although not cheap.

1  Thank jcmschneider