“OMG - its OGC”

One Great City Brewing Co.
Ranked #61 of 1,712 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: We are a locally owned brewery and restaurant in the heart of St. James in Winnipeg,MB. We focus on house made beers, scratch cooking, great selection of liquors, wines and cocktails. All in a comfortable and upbeat environment.
Reviewed 25 February 2018

great venue, great selection, great service. Couldn't have asked for a better night. The wings are great, the nachos are crazy good, the pot sticker/dumplings are very tasty. We had three flights of beer samples as well as pints of big flavors it was great.

Diego O, General Manager at One Great City Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review our brewpub. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit, food and service. Cheers!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Despite my concerns about getting a gluten free meal (not a choice!), there was no issue, thankfully. They are well aware of gluten and offer options for those 'by choice' and also more stricter care for those (celiacs) that have to be gluten free. I had a salad that was nice. There is also wine and other drinks. My husband had beer and quite enjoyed it. One thing I will mention if you haven't been there: it is easy to miss it - the restaurant is part of a strip mall, with Dollar Store (or Dollarama?) next to it. It also looks like it would be smaller than it is from the outside, but you go to the back where there is a decent amount of seating, and lots of TVs for those wanting to keep up with a hockey game or whatever is on.

Diego O, General Manager at One Great City Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi there, thanks for stopping by our brewpub and thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and that we were able to help with your dietary needs. Hope to see you again in the future. Cheers!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I went here for a friend's birthday party. It was a slower Monday evening, and the place was about 50% full. My girlfriend and I loved it. The prices were extraordinarily reasonable, for beer and food. For example, 1$ to upgrade your side of fries to in-house made soup. I find restaurants sometimes charge an absurd price for something as simple as swapping-fries-for-soup. Don't feel like you're getting nickeled and dimed for everything, sometimes I feel like restaurants charge for everything (cheese, bacon, chicken). Whereas at One Great City, things like cheese and chicken etc are already included in the price, so you don`t feel like you`re getting taken advantage of.

I wasn't hungry when we ordered, so I just stuck to the beer. However, I had some of my girlfriend's grilled cheese with bacon sandwich and it was unbelievably good. The fries were excellent too. Everyone at the table was very satisfied with their food, and I didn't hear anyone have anything but compliments regarding the food. The beer was excellent as well. It's a fresh, clean, nice atmosphere inside. And the price is right, my girlfriend and I had 3 beers, 1 flight, and 1 grilled cheese sandwich with bacon & fries - our combined bill came out to less than 50$. Highly recommened.

Diego O, General Manager at One Great City Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hello Rob. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at our restaurant. We are happy to hear you and your party enjoyed your visit. We strive to provide good food, beer and service at a reasonable price. We are happy to provide customers with modifications where we can, sometimes at no extra cost and sometimes with a small price difference.
Once again, thanks for visiting our brewpub and we look forward to serving you again.

Cheers!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Went for the first time and will be going back. Food is good and really well prepared.
You can’t get better service. All the workers seem to help each other.

Diego O, General Manager at One Great City Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi Lynda, thanks for the review. We work hard to bring good food and good service to our guests everyday. Thanks for coming to our restaurant. Cheers!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch, the staff was very welcoming. Had a sampler of beer and the soup of day. All were fantastic. I would definitely recommend and I will be back!

Diego O, General Manager at One Great City Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Hey there. Thanks for checking our place out and for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. Cheers and see you again!