“Great Fish Dinner”

Captain's Table Fish and Chips
Ranked #46 of 1,712 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: "Serving Great Fish & Chips in Winnipeg for over a decade." Great Soups, Salads, Sandwiches, Chicken, Burgers and More. Daily lunch specials from 11:00 am till 2:00 pm. Weekend Dinner Specials.
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this family restaurant. It may not be the best decorated but the fish and chip meals are one of the best English style meals in Winnipeg. Pricing is great and staff are very customer friendly. Don't go here for a late meal though as it closes at 9 pm.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Specials change daily. Most offerings are deep-fried. Service is friendly, and fairly quick, bearing in mind that food is cooked to order. The place is very clean. Ambiance is informal.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Been back several times, same great result with a little twist. People lamented when legendary restaurants Wagon Wheel and Kelekis closed. Good news, if you're looking for a club sandwich equal to the challenge all be it with chicken instead of turkey, look no further this is the place! The same goes for the shoe string fries Kelekis was famous for. They showed up here! Probably been here all along. Soups are great as well!

1  Thank Darrell O
Reviewed 2 February 2018

My wife and I were with another couple who suggested we go to CT for their fresh fish. They had stumbled onto this little gem by pure luck. Driving down Portage Ave they have seen it however never stopped to go into it. One day they decided to stop mand as they say the rest is history. The decor is not outstanding but not on the dingy side either. Just a small restaurant which serve good food and a good price. I'm a sucker for fish and chips so I ordered the one piece cod with chips. I was advised that the portions were fairly large so asked for a small amount of fries. My wife had the shrimp salad with soup. The couple we were with each ordered the sauteed shrimp with fries. My wife ordered the tomato soup with pasta, My friend and I each had the cup of Turkey and rice soup. The soup was home hand not from a can. The Turkey was loaded with hunks of meat and lots of rice and vegetables. It was also hot which is what soup should be. My wifes soup was also very tasty with a good deal of pasta. When our main meals came I was surprised at how much fries were provided even after requesting for a smaller portion. Our friends stated that the shrimp was done to perfection with good tasting flavour. My fish was done just right, not over cooked as to be dry and not under cooked as to be raw. The breading was also not overpowering which allowed the taste of the fish to come through. None of the three of us were able to finish the plate of fries which we also excellent. They were done to a crisp brown, also homemade. I like mine fairly small and thin so they can become crisp. I was the only one who ventured to try their dessert menu. I chose a Caramel toffee cake with ice cream. It was warm with a good amount of caramel sauce poured over the cake (muffin). All in all we will be back to try more of their menu items.

1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We have dined at Captain's Table many times, and it never ceases to be anything but excellent. The ambiance is nothing special, but that doesn't matter because the HALIBUT & CHIPS is a fantastic meal everytime.

1  Thank Connie L