“The Best Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mcmillan
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

After the theatre we went to Colosseo. While my friends ordered beer I had to wait for my wine. It all made better when our pizzas arrived. Best veggie pizza I have ever had. Crust was perfect. Not soggy. Atmosphere so so. Tables very close together. No natural light. BUT would order pizza again.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We have been to Colosseo three times in the past year. Why three times you ask if we were not happy the first time? Always suggested by friends and we have just accommodated. But no more! We will select a restaurant together with our friends. We have tried their fish, pasta and pizza. Quantity does not mean quality. A 'Cook' is not a 'Chef', and I would guess they do not have a 'Chef' in the kitchen. The food lacks in quality, colour, flavour, and presentation. Tables are too close together. The decor is beyond dated and as a result appears dirty. Staff is friendly enough. I cannot understand why people flock there except out of habit. Will not be returning EVER!

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I haven't been to this restaurant since I left Winnipeg 20 years ago. We decided to do dinner on a Saturday. I reserved a table and we were right in front of the door. We decided to move one table over because the restaurant was cold. One member of our party kept having the wait staff brush up against him as they passed on to other tables. I asked the waitress questions about the meals and she was not able to answer. I ordered the linguine de mare. The meal arrived and the only items that weren't shredded were 3 shrimp and some mushrooms. All items were julienned so fine that I had no idea what I was eating. I was expecting seafood atop a bed of linguine and this was not the case. None of the other meals ordered by our party were outstanding. We did not enjoy our meal or the table. As we were not comfortable at our table, we promptly left after our meals. This was not the leisurely meal I expected. I will not be returning.

2  Thank FraserFamilyCalgary
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Make sure you come hungry because you will leave stuffed! By far the BEST pizza in town. Depending on the type you order, it can be a bit pricy, but, you certainly get what you pay for. LOTS! One of the best patio's in town with the lights in the tree's, secluded from most of the noise from Corydon itself, very romantic and private setting. Inside the décor is great, fountains, dim lights and soft music. Always an enjoyable time here.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We ordered a meal for two from Colosseo Ristorante Italiano through Skip the Dishes delivery service for our anniversary. We live 5-minutes away from the restaurant. It took at least 1hr-15min to arrive which would be OK if the food hadn't been cold. The cheese was hard on the cheese toast. The veal was so thin it was almost beef jerky. Half the salad was wilted. Overall it tasted like the meal sat on the counter for 1/2 an hour waiting for Skip the Dishes to pick it up at the restaurant. All this for $90.00 including tip. We were encouraged to let Skip the Dishes know about our experience. They told us they would get back to us that evening. This was 2 days ago and we still haven't heard anything.