“Not a bad dish on the whole menu”

Colosseo Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #410 of 1,678 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mcmillan
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have had the opportunity to eat hear a number of times years ago so when I was back in Winnipeg last weekend I jumped at the chance to go back. I wasn't disappointed, the food is still as amazing as I remembered it. We had the mussels as an appetizer and it could of served as a meal for some there was so much. I had the linguine de mar and there was more seafood than pasta, they definitely don't scrimp on the meals. The hardest part is trying to decide which delicious plate you want. The patio on the side has a great atmosphere and being on Corydon it is a great place to take a walk after to find desert at one of the many great little shops on Corydon

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We went to Colosseo a couple of Sundays ago, we hadn't been for some time and wanted to enjoy the patio. We were greeted promptly and seated on the patio. We started with one server and then were switched to another after ordering cocktails. I ordered a martini, my husband ordered a beer. The service was good, the food was very good but the issue was with the bill. We had ordered 2 beer, 1 martini, a bottle of white wine priced at $36, 2 small garden salads, a small pizza and a pasta. When the server brought the hand written bill, I was quite surprised to see the total at $192.00. When my husband returned from the washroom, we did some quick math in our heads and determined the bill around $130 with tax. My husband called the server over and handed her the bill back, stating I think your math is a little off. She returned with the bill, now reduced to $132. We went inside to pay at the cash. The cashier, looked at the bill and immediately charged the amount written on the hand written bill. I questioned her on this, as, had we not noticed the first error, she would have just charged us the $192. She replied that only if someone reports that the bill may be incorrect does she ring it in. She proceeded to do this, only to discover the bill should have been $120. She did refund us the cash difference, as we had already paid. Not a fantastic experience overall due to the overcharge on the bill. The food was very good, but will not return as a result of this experience. Be savvy diners and check your bills.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

First visit. My wife and I stopped here for lunch one afternoon. Chose the patio. Patio was very clean. We enjoyed a few glasses of sangria. The food was excellent and portions were more than enough. I am a pizza person and would recommend the pizza. The 9 inch was just enough for the dieting me but not enough for the pizza loving me! We will return, maybe a patio dinner.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

After a long walk, the boyfriend and I decided to pop by for a bite to eat. We checked out a few places then agreed on Colosseo. Warning: the boyfriend is Italian and mama and nonna make the best of everything...We split a large pizza and there wasn't much left of it after we tacked it. The crust is so light and so good and the toppings were fresh. Unfortunately, I am extremely spoiled with homemade Italian sausage so found Coloseeo's bland, but overall the experience was great, the server was very chilled and friendly and the atmosphere was great. We sat on their patio which is quite large, and although it rained quite heavily, we did not get wet due to the amount of umbrellas they have! High recommend this restaurant. Not sure why I didn't try it sooner as it has been around for awhile, but we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We always enjoy sitting on the patio at Collosseo. Delicious pizza, great atmosphere and experienced servers.