“Great Family Restaurant”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2016

There's nothing fancy about the Pembina Village just great food and a comfortable room. The outside patio was a nice surprise (though a reminder that patio smoking is still permitted in the Keystone province). Had the lunch souvlaki which was big enough for dinner and would highly recommend it. Make sure you have the soup, excellent and a meal on its own. The Pembina will especially appeal to those like me who are tired of the sterile and repetitive bar and grills and are looking an honest dining experience.

Don Z, Public Relations Manager at Pembina Village Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Thanks for your feedback!

The Village is definitely one of a kind! Only one of is in the world! We have very healthy portions and we're glad you enjoyed your lunch here. Appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

We have order from Pembina village for over 25 years. I spent $43.00 dollars on food and delivery. I was not told there was a $4.00 delivery charge before it was free. The order was barely enough for 1 person. I am now going to make dinner for my family. I will never order from there again. Very disappoint in the quantity of the food. The containers of the salad were less than 1/2 full. I was also told the salad was 1/2 the size because of the dressing. The fries were 1/3 full. Very disappointed and way to expensive.

Carolyn,

We're sorry that you're experience with us was not up to par. The delivery charge is fairly standard in many restaurants and in the area, it's lower than a few competitors we've inquired. As an honest business, we would never fill containers less than full. We invite you for further conversation so that we can look at this further.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Ordered delivery on Saturday Evening. The Village Greek Salad blew Niko's out of the Water... WAY WAY WAYYYYY BIGGER!!!!Lots of Tomatoes & Feta. Our order was large so we got a 2 Litre of 7Up & Chicken Skewers for Free. Not sure how that's Possible for a Little Family Place but Good for Us! Delivery took 40 minutes (they said 30... But whatever... still faster than skip the dishes on a good day ) It was Hot when it arrived. Tasty garlic bread, but next time will ask for Crispier French Fries...(Greek places usually have soft fries). We were Hungry, Now We're Happy!!

Hi Noel!

Glad you enjoyed catering with us! As with most things in life, the Bigger is definitely the Better!

Our kitchen is dedicated in making our many home-made items and have no problems throwing in extras on large orders like this. We encourage anyone with catering orders to ask for deals!

Reviewed 7 April 2016

This restaurant has been my go to for over 25 years. The food was always consistent and fabulous. Almost every Friday night we would order their pizza which was incredible. As time went on we visited less frequently but were still quite happy with the food served. We hadn't been back for about a year and decided to enjoy a Saturday evening there last weekend. What a bad choice it was. We sat there for 15 minutes before we even got a menu. The water came later. When the waitress came back to take our order, I commented that it was too bad they were understaffed on a Saturday. Apologizing profusely,she informed me that it was always only her that worked on the shift. I was a little stunned as the restaurant was probably 2/3 full and she was racing around like a banshee. When our meals were delivered I asked if Laz or his son were still owners and she told us that the management had changed about a year and a half ago. Wow, what a difference management makes. The caesar salad I got was almost inedible. I mean, I really like garlic but this tasted like lettuce with chopped garlic mixed with maybe milk. Not good. The chicken parmesan was ok but the cheese on top was not melted in with the meat so every time I cut into it, it fell off the meat. So, so sad to see this place has gone so downhill. I'm sure the food situation can be improved upon, but also very important is the staff, which appears to me minimal. No waitress can be expected to serve a whole restaurant on a Saturday evening by themselves and do it well. Hopefully this restaurant will spend a little more on service in the future but until then, it is definitely off our list for now.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

I drive by the place a couple times a day and I finally decided to try it out with my girlfriend. It was a Friday and the parking was slightly difficult, but manageable. Parking is an altered loop that creates two rows. The right side along the entrance require that you reverse into the spots. The other row on the left side of the entrance of the driveway is a familiar slanted parking, but both requires that you have to reverse at some point along the way. There is also parking along the right side of southbound Pembina Highway between the entrance and exit of the parking loop and also for a little stretch after the exit of the loop. The servers also said parking at the Pembina Insurance along the back alley is also acceptable and the owner of the strip were good friends and didn't mind for the weekends. The layout of the restaurant has booths at the far and right wall. The rest are movable tables that can be moved together to form larger tables for larger groups. We were seated quickly and had menus and water at our table within the first five minutes. The server we had on the night was cheery and energetic. She told us the specials that were on for the evening and it appears that they have different specials every evening. Since it was our first time, we gone with the listed specials. I tried the bbq ribs and my girl friend had the chicken souvlaki. They were both on special at discounted prices. My girlfriend commented that the chicken was very flavorful and tender and juicy. The bbq ribs were very tender as well unlike other restaurant where they were very tough. The sauce was unique, but very enjoyable; I was told the kitchen makes all the sauces from scratch and that is something to boast in this era. To sum up, service was timely and friendly, food was home cooked and enjoyable. My girlfriend insisted we come back on another date.