“Worst meal ever”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Used to be so good, was one of my favourite restaurants, when a Greek Salad does not taste like Greek Salad the rest of the meal was downhill. I guess they should convert it to a Chinese Restaurant and probably do better. When you order medium rare steak and comes in very well done, and when you try to explain to the waitress that this is not acceptable, she wanted to know how a medium rare steak should look like. Lemon potatoes, possibly had a sprinkling of lemon, chicken souvalaki was totally tastless. When I asked to speak to either the owner or manager, the lady said that the manager went out and if I wanted to come back in 20 minutes I could talk to him. Talk about customer service at its highest level. Never ever will I go back to this restaurant.

1  Thank arunahall

Reviewed 8 May 2017

so this used to be a family Greek run restaurant, that me and my family had been going to for over 20 years. In the Greek tradition, huge portions, great taste and great prices, and more importantly, great family service.

My parents used to love going here all the time, but I personally hadn't been in a few years. My girl friend and I wanted to bring my parents out for a nice meal thinking they still liked it here, but they didn't (but thought WE wanted to go for some reason) so they didn't say anything and came. My girlfriend and I both ordered the T bone steak, and both meals were terrible. the starter Greek salad was about the same as before, the potato was smaller than before, you got WAY less rice than before (which was tasteless), and the 30.99$ steak was such a poor cut that even though it was cooked correctly, it was tough as a piece of leather. I actually had to pass my steak knife through it more than 6 times to make ONE CUT!

Please understand, I am a true Canadian and as such will never complain unless things are TRULY BAD. I did politely complain and through very bad "lost in translation" with English I was offered to HAVE IT COOKED MORE?!?!

I didn't stutter, my complaint was that the meat was SO tough I could barely cut through it with a steak knife, AND WAS OFFERED TO HAVE THE SAME PIECE OF MEAT COOKED MORE!!!!

Umm, that will be a NO.

sent the very uneaten food back and was given ONE x 40% for MY meal, but as I had explained both my girl friend and I had poor T-bone's but she was not offered anything.

I never like to complain, I never am looking for free food, I just want a good T bone if I am being CHARGED 30.99!!!!

after some truth talk my parents admitted they stopped coming here after the ownership change as they has also had poor quality issues with there regular Saturday night takeout.

So, wont be back, will miss the old days, and hunt for a new QUALITY Greek family run restaurant again.

1  Thank swk1000
Reviewed 14 March 2017

went there on friday for their prim rib supper.for me it was excellent as did my brother in law nlioneld vegtables.the meal also included soup or salad.have gone several times for the breakfast and most enjoyable.again good food and good service.lionel

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Myself and several other friends attended this place for New Years Supper. The place is average as far as the interior goes and parking is not the best. However the service by our waitress Ashleigh was amazing , she knew the menu and was very friendly and outgoing.
I had the prime rib and was satisfied as the meal size was fair and the taste was excellent.
I will go there again as prices were not crazy either and the menu is good as well.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

I have been going to Pembina Village Restaurant for over 10 years. The food is fantastic! It has an awesome steak sandwich. Have it with the veggies and lemon potatoes. This will fill anyone up, I LOVE fresh mushrooms and they are so perfectly sautéed over the steak. It is a good size steak not like others I have had. If you appreciate home cooking and are tired of all the processed foods this is the place for you. I don't eat salad too much but I live the Greek salad there. Also on a cold Winnipeg day the soup is always hot and tasty.