“Great visit by my restaurant club”

Capital Grill and Bar
Ranked #72 of 1,834 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Eight of visited last Sunday for dinner and everyone of us remarked how great everything was. I had the Capital Burger...it was very hefty and flavourful...hit the spot after an afternoon of snowshoeing. It was nice to have a beet salad as a choice of side. Our server Mike was extremely knowledgeable in explaining the menu choices while his service was very prompt, friendly, and efficient...in fact he was good as any server at a high end restaurant while still in a nice casual restaurant. All and all, a great evening dining out!

1  Thank iwannabeoutside

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Went for,the first time and will be going back again. The food was delicious and the service was great. Server had a personality, not all do in the industry.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious. When I first looked at the menu, I was surprised to see the difference of menu items compared to what I'm used too. I got the shaved steak grilled cheese and hubby got the Angus burger. Portion sizes were huge and we only ate half before asking for to go boxes. The restaurant is classy, and I thought I was underdressed in a hoodie and jeans. Our waiter was phenomenal. I'm so glad we stopped there.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

If you want Sea food this is the place for fresh as they get thier fish flown in from B.C. every morning. I find if you want a full played portion this would not be the place. On the same note I was content and maybe I was just wrong about the portions because it was so good I just wanted more of it. As mentioned before maybe not a no frills place but certainly had it's own ellagance and charm. Service of just SPOT ON!!!! Fresh Salmon and the last run on Halibut. Calm chowder with nice big chunks of seafood. Ok I was wrong about the portions just give me more. Over all price pretty good. When looking at the menu I wish there was 2 or 3 more items to choose from partying to been or pork.

1  Thank jim w
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The Capital Grill is my "Go To" place in Winnipeg Many of the entrees are very good including the Chipotle Lime BBQ Ribs, Salmon, Braised Short Rib Pasta, Steak etc. The salads are quite good especially the Steak Salad. Oh yeah, don't miss out on their signature appetizer, The Popcorn Shrimp" which is served with a delicious spicy aioli sauce. I highly recommend this restaurant.