“Delicious food!”
Review of Tomotachi Sushi

Tomotachi Sushi
Ranked #35 of 262 Restaurants in Fredericton
Price range: US$9 - US$71
Description: Welcome to "Tomotachi Sushi" Japanese Restaurant! You will enjoy our delicious Japanese foods. Come visit us!
Reviewed 1 March 2018

We always love going to Tomo Tachi for their excellent sushi! The service is great and there's lots of parking.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

So this is the first time in my life I write a bad review, but the situation was so exceptionally bad that I had to.
I was uptown and decided to go into Tomotachi (for the first time ever) to order takeout. An older man greeted me (who seemed like he was maybe the manager), before even bothering to waste their time I asked if I was okay to order sushi despite my avocado allergy (weird allergy, I know) the man said it wasn’t a problem at all and brought me over a menu. I looked over it for a few minutes and he came over and took the time to point out a few rolls that would be good without avocado, he told me it would be a long wait time as they were making the rolls fresh for me, avocado free. I placed my order and reminded them of the allergy again. I waited 25 mins (didn’t mind at all considering I didn’t call ahead) and when the server came out to bring me my order she listed everything off, including the maki rolls *without avocado*. It ended up costing 30$ for my meal as I left a generous tip because they were being so accommodating (or so I thought).

I get home and every roll has a huge chunk of avocado in it. I call them and explain the situation. The phone conversation lasted almost 10 minutes, the person on the phone would put the phone down and explain to (the manager I assume) what I was saying and I could hear their whole conversation. She said I could come back to the restaurant and they’d make me another roll for free .....I explained that I lived far, it was inconvenient and I wasn’t going to drive all the way back. She then put the phone down and explained all this to the manager again (at this point not sure why the manager just didn’t pick up the phone and deal with it instead of this lengthy game of telephone). Finally, I asked if I could just get a refund, she proceeds to put the phone down and ask and he says no and sounds visibly annoyed (sorry you almost gave me an allergic reaction?).

Anyways, to sum it all up, the whole entire basis of our first conversation/order was my avocado allergy, yet my order was full of avocado despite the manager assuring me it would be ok. It was an expensive meal and they wouldn’t even reimburse me for nearly causing me some SERIOUS issues if I hadn’t checked my food. I was obviously not interested in driving all the way back over there to get another roll which probably would have had avocado in it anyways. They made me feel like a huge burden. Do not go here if you have food allergies or sensitivities, they clearly do not take it seriously or care about giving good customer service.

1  Thank eev1164
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I am not very familiar with sushi but can say that we enjoyed our dinner at Tomotachi. My son (a sushi lover) did the ordering and so we tried a range of dishes including edame (very delicious!), miso soup, a variety of sushi and sashimi. Service was good and the restaurant was very busy, particularly considering it was a cold Monday evening in January. I was a little surprised by the bill (~$150 for 4 people) but, considering the quantity (there were lots of leftovers to take home to make a couple of meals) and quality (the presentation was truly beautiful), I suppose this was to be expected. My son has expensive taste ;)

I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

The sushi is so good, no where else compares. It has ruined any other sushi for me, but that's okay! Sushi is always fresh! Of you have never had sushi before, don't go here, because everywhere else you have sushi after this will leave you disappointed. Fresh salad and miso soup. Incredible spot. Excellent service. The servers don't hover around you, the stay out of the way by are close by if you need them.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

What a great spot for sushi. Everything was so fresh. Will definitely go back and highly recommend it. Best sushi I’ve had in a while. Don’t let the mini mall look fool you, it’s definitely worth going.