Faithfultraveler
Halifax, Canada

Enjoyable and relaxing stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Aug 2022via mobile
This hotel is nicely located with great views of the St. John River. The staff were friendly and professional, especially Ellen, Eve, Susan and Wanda who made our stay special! The property has a lovely outdoor pool area and bar, as well as an indoor pool and gym. Our room was spacious, clean and and we appreciated the internet TV as well. The only reason this review is not a 5-rating was due to the buffet breakfast at the restaurant the next morning - it was very disappointing and the food was terrible. We had enjoyed dinner at the restaurant (STMR.36 BBQ & Social) the night before and it was outstanding (reviewed separately). While it was sad to end our stay on such a note, we will definitely stay here again when in Fredericton, but have breakfast elsewhere.
Date of stay: August 2022
Responded 5 Sept 2022
Dear Faithfultravelerrev,
Than you very much for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us. We have shared your comments with our hotel leadership team. I am pleased to tell you our breakfast offering has changed and we would encourage you to give our restaurant a second chance the next time you are back in the area. See you again next time.
S$194
2.5 km from Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton
    S$99
7.2 km from Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton
View more hotels in Fredericton
All reviews the river outdoor pool saint john river hotel restaurant downtown core stayed one night lobby ken desk canada supper
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2022

This is one of the nicest Delta properties I've ever visited. Lobby was beautiful and has a coffee shop on site. Outdoor pool perfect for a hot summer, and indoor pool open 24/7, perfect for a dip after returning from your downtown adventure.

Room was larger that expected.

Parking was a bit of a struggle, but it was busy season so we expected it.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 28 July 2022 via mobile

Not what I expected. We were stopping in Fredericton to break up the drive to PEI from Ontario. I was expecting a place to sleep however to my surprise this hotel has it all. Great indoor and outdoor pool area. Beautiful outdoor restaurant and bar. Had a great meal and received exceptional service. I highly recommend this hotel and wish we stayed longer.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 20 July 2022 via mobile

We love this hotel. The staff are absolutely wonderful. This property has so much to offer. We went because of the outdoor pool area. Drift pool bar is fantastic. It is one of the only places around Atlantic Canada where you can lounge by a pool and have drinks and food similar to what you do down south. The service is great. Mark was our server the first afternoon he was so fantastic. Such great service. He was so busy but he kept his sense of humour and looked after us flawlessly. The whole vibe around the pool is fun. They had a great female DJ on Friday afternoon she was great! I loved all the songs. I wish I could remember her name.
The rooms here are very nice. We had a beautiful view of the river. We saw eagles from our room. Housekeeping was great.
The grove cafe is really nice. Delicious breakfast sandwiches and overnight oats.
Our only complaint was the buffet breakfast it wasn’t great. The staff were working so hard to keep it full but it was a disappointment. I prefer to order off a menu for breakfast but that wasn’t an option. We chose the Grove Cafe the next day. We get free breakfast with our Bonvoy platinum status, so it wasn’t a huge deal that the buffet was disappointing.
We had drinks in the beautiful lobby bar every night. The food was great in the restaurant. I had a delicious steak. Their chowder is really good too. The service was wonderful.
I highly recommend this hotel for a fun summer getaway.

Room tip: The outdoor pool water is cold.
Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 8 June 2022 via mobile

12 CAD for parking ??
Where else can you park your car ?
Bar and restaurant are very loud. There are very bad acoustics.
Clean rooms but the bath/shower was outdated.
Food in restaurant was pretty basic and ribs were burned. That was normal according to the waiter.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Delta Fredericton, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2022

Hello P9678YKpeters,
Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. I have shared your comments with the hotel leadership team to help us better provide exceptional service to our valued guests. We do hope to see you again on your next trip to Frederticton.

Reviewed 2 June 2022

I recently stayed at the Delta Fredericton for a work trip and was thoroughly impressed. I'd been to the hotel a couple times during university years for drinks and food, but had never stayed overnight.

The gentleman who checked me in was very friendly and efficient. He went over all the hotel's offerings and gave me the additional perks that come with being a Platinum elite member.

I was thrilled to be upgraded to a suite with stunning views of the river. The suite itself was spacious and very clean. It did show its age a bit, but no real complaints as everything was clean and well maintained. I couldn't find the iron or ice bucket at first. A quick call to reception explained the doors in the room which appeared to be locked (I assumed they led to adjoining rooms) were actually just magnetic and had the items inside.

The restaurant at the hotel is excellent. I ate breakfast there twice and supper once. The food was super freshly prepared and came out hot. Everything was cooked well and the priced were very reasonable.

The indoor pool is fairly basic and small as is there fitness centre. It could probably do with an update, but the equipment is modern and functional.

I wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel and to recommend it to others. The service is top notch and I had no complaints. It appears the outdoor pool is getting a major makeover which will be great if you've visiting in the summer months. The outdoor pool is a great spot to go for a drink and a bite to eat. This is a great hotel, see for yourself.

Room tip: Views of the river are great
Date of stay: May 2022