“Awesome Food and Latte”

Ranked #3 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Fredericton
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Cafe Loka specializes in espresso based coffee beverages & Bistro type fare. We offer Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten-free options, including our desserts and treats. We have an all-day breakfast menu, a lunch menu, and daily specials with cuisine from around the world. Our food is home-made and prepared fresh in the cafe, including the soups, sauces, dressings and desserts. So if you want fresh, we're the place! We have options for healthy eats, vegans, vegetarians and those with gluten-sensitivity. We also offer milk free beverages using soy or almond milk. We have something for everyone. We take pride in serving only the best food and coffee. We really want you to leave our cafe satisfied and happy with your experience at Cafe Loka Our staff is friendly and welcoming, and always willing to help. The cafe itself is spotless and clean as the owner has very high standards for cleanliness and quality control We have free Wi-Fi, an outdoor patio to enjoy your coffee in the sunshine
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I just had an incredible curry chicken Penne, a Primo Latte from Tammy, and wonderful Chocolate Torte made by Mary. Also very friendly atmosphere. Comfort food at its best on a snowy day!

Cafe_Loka, Owner at Cafe Loka, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

My brother was recently visiting from California and I wanted to find a quick Vegan meal for him. My search lead me to Café Loka! The visit, the staff, and the food were all FANTASTIC! Having lived in Freddy for four years, and driving by Café Loka a number of times, I have to say that I'm disappointed on what I've missed out on by never stopping in before. In the three days since I've been, I've been telling everyone that I talked to about it ... and I will definitely be back again. Tahine and balsalmic vinegar salad dressing was sooo yummy! And the veggie stir fry was amazing! Can't brag enough about the service or the food :)

Cafe_Loka, Owner at Cafe Loka, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Glad you took a chance and gave Cafe Loka a try! Thanks for the rave review and taking the time to post it on tripadvisor. Really glad you enjoyed the food and the service. Hope to see you again soon at the cafe

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

I stopped today at lunch time. The special of the day was totally delicious. The espresso was delightful too. The reason why I can't give them a 5 it's the place wasn't clean enough. My table was sticky and I saw flies inside. At this time of the year, it's unusual! Anyway a good cleaning will help. The staff is nice and the food is perfect for the vegetarian lovers like me!

So glad you enjoyed the daily special and the espresso. Sorry about your table. The owner takes pride in the cleanliness of the cafe. Our staff is instructed to make sure all the tables are cleaned and wiped down on a regular basis. We also have a dedicated cleaner who comes in on a regular basis to keep things spotless. It was probably busy when you came in for lunch and sat down at a table before our staff had a chance to give it a wipe. There shouldn't be flies this time of year as we keep the door closed, not sure how that sneaky fly got into the cafe. It's gone now!!

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Stop here from time to time when out walking. I think they make the best coffee in town, the coconut beet soup is to die for and my grandson loved his peanut butter ball! Have had lunch specials and the aromas coming through the window draw you in. Lebanese food with flair.

Cafe_Loka, Owner at Cafe Loka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

We love to hear when people get out of their cars and enjoy our city on foot. So much you miss when just driving from place to place. Thanks for your vote of confidence in our food and coffee. The coffee is locally roasted and delivered to us weekly the same day its roasted, which makes a huge difference in the taste. We love to experiment with new flavors and new ingredients, glad you enjoyed the coconut beet soup, who knew they would pair so well. And we make all our desserts in-house, peanut butter ball included.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped a night in this town and I found this place on trip advisor. Amazing little place, great coffee, great vegan food, the owner was super nice, highly recommend it! ;)

So Glad you enjoyed your stop at Cafe Loka and hope you had a nice trip to Canada!