See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This isn't your average motel. When booking the room we were looking for a good price and that's why we originally booked here. We got in quite late and because the owner still had rooms available he upgraded us for free! He was very kind and friendly.
Now to the room, the room had ac and a fridge- I always love when there is a fridge in a room! The walls and curtains were super cute and then the best surprise of all... The bed was new! So comfy!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our choice was originally based on the photograph of what turned out to be the motel office, it was certainly not representative of the standard motel construction of the rooms. However it was late and at 79.00 for the night, it would do. You had to request for a breakfast which consisted of hot coffee and a fruit basket and toast and spreads, ready for our departure time. The owner was very helpful and cheerful and went out of his way to be of service. However we wish we could be more enthusiastic of the rooms and the fittings which seemed to be on the "shabby" side. Perhaps a reno would be in order.

Room Tip: Photograph not representative of the motel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carole C
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a great motel and very well priced. The room was clean, comfortable with microwave, fridge, air con, cable etc. I immediately relaxed in a hot bath and hit the bar at the Ramada just down the road which has equally appealing rooms but at twice the price. I had a great time at the Norfolk but I just wish the owner would put his wife's incredibly tasty Indian cuisine on the menu. I'm sure if you ask nicely he might treat you to a Paneer masala or a Dal Fry. Very friendly people, you should definitely stay there!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel did not provide much incentive to re-visit.$79.00 per night.Worn dirty carpets,old furniture.It was quite but it was so far out of town that it was truly inconvenient for accessability to town delights.Had to travel by taxi which was another terrible expense.I stayed here for 3 nights and received NO discounts,either as a student or as an adult.I wouldn't recommend it.There was only 1 channel on the old-fashioned television and no Internet whatsoever! Not worth the inconvenience or expense.!So disappointed!

Room Tip: It did have its own air-conditioner,but I don't know if it works.......never tried it.However,on the plus side,lots of hot-water,comfortable beds,clean beds,no smoke,privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Norfolk Motel 815 Riverside Drive, Fredericton NB advertises "Feel at home away from home!".
I was never so happy to leave there and come home. The room was freezing cold, no hot water and no battery nor cover on the smoke detector. Would have left when we realized about the hot water but were already in our PJ's under the covers by that time. Not a good idea to redress two children and two adults just to try and get a different room that late at night.
Was told at the office that a battery was not needed because it was a no smoking room.....so? I don't understand that, so is my house but we keep batteries in our smoke detector.
As for the lack of hot water the woman stated that others had checked out already but none of them complained.
I recommend that you think twice before feeling at home with them .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family