“Great food and service”

Ranked #13 of 232 Restaurants in Fredericton
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Every night in Maxwell's we celebrate "New Brunswick on a Plate" We honor the farmers and producers of the province by creating the finest food. Relax at our lobby wine bar or celebrate an occasion in one of our private dining rooms. Expect the best ..Food, wine and service in Fredericton.
Reviewed 31 March 2018

When we walked in it was vary slow, which we found strange. But our server was Great, quick to get us drinks and warm biscuits. The food prefect we really loved the progies and burrata.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal. Chris our server was knowledgeable and efficient. Had the smelt to start with lady Ashburn pickles and sour dough was vary tasty and fimliar. Next the lobster pasta and it was best thing I have eaten in a long time.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

On Valentine's Day my wife and I went to the Terrace for their lunch buffet. This was our first visit to the restaurant for at least two years but at $14.95 and a senior discount it seemed like good value. The restaurant is nicely decorated and has a pleasant ambience. The service was excellent. The soup and the salads were excellent and the desserts were good. However, the main hot dishes, pork in a curry sauce and Vietnamese noodles, were awful. They were completely tasteless and soggy. Restaurants should not offer so called spicy food or ethnic food unless they can do it properly. It is a pity that these dishes weren't worth having because the restaurant was very pleasant and comfortable. I am reminded that the reason we haven't been to the Terrace for some years is that our last visit was for the lunch buffet and the hot food then was not good.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

My wife and I visited this restaurant for a Valentine's Day dinner. Our server Crystal was wonderful, attentive but never intrusive. We started with a cocktail in the James Joyce pub also located in the hotel and then moved to the dining room. Shared two appetizers - lobster ravioli and bruschetta. Both were excellent. The bread basket contained warm sweet potato biscuits - fantastic! Main courses of lamb shank and atlantic salmon were both tasty and beautifully presented. My wife loved the nutella creme brulee for dessert.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Just had a lovely lunch at the Terrace Room for New Years Day. Nice buffet, good selection, pleasant staff. I wish we had attended the Christmas Day buffet ( next year). Service was very good. I want to thank one of the waiters who kindly brought my husband out a "nut free" dessert. He does not have allergies but nuts of any kind in his food can make life very difficult so thank you. We appreciated your thoughtfulness. In fact this is the only negative comment I have, please indicate somewhere what contains nuts, I realize this is a buffet but a note on the table or on the sign by the food item would be great. Outside of that, a lovely lunch and a nice treat after cooking at home on the holidays.. no work, no dishes.. We will return.