“Great atmosphere and service”

Tide & Boar Gastropub
Ranked #26 of 280 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Was back in town for business and thought it try out the tide and boar this time. Was here on a Friday evening. Very busy but there was room at the bar. The staff were fantastic! They were attentive but very busy. Its a shame they didn't have a bit more time to interact with the customers. The beer selection was unique and very large. Was happy to find a red ale to my liking. I had the boar ravioli. The pasta portion was delicious and the boar was well prepared. My only negative was the pricing. I thought it was a bit elevated for the portion sizes and/or the type of dishes served. All in all would recommend to anybody looking to try some different and unique dishes.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Arrived early to get a table for an outing with friends, had a hard time ordering and getting service from staff... When the food arrived everything was delicious but waited quite à long while.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The staff here were amazing and you could tell they love what they do, The beer suggestions were 100% onpoint and the food was good as well. Had a scotch egg as an appy, the size was not huge but the taste was great. The main course was the wild boar poutine. The boar was tasty but the cheese curds were all lumped into one spot and not even through the dish. The beers were amazing and the selection was more than I could get through in the night do to the selection.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We stopped here on our way to Quebec City from Halifax. It was cold and dreary outside, but Tide & Boar proved to be a lovely respite from both the weather and our drive. We ordered the brussels sprouts, burger, & fish. All were excellent and came with ample fries--which were impeccably cooked. We also loved the ambiance of the restaurant - it was low-key yet hip. Sadly, we didn't order any beer or boar, which apparently are their specialties. Nevertheless, we highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We had heard lots of good things about the Tide & Boar Gastropub and decided to give it a try for lunch. Decor is nice, service was good, food was great. I'm not a big micro-brew fan but decided to give their beer flight a try. I told the waiter I liked lighter beer and let him choose. I received a generous portion of four different beer types which were for me ok but I can see where beer connoisseurs would really enjoy them. A great way to try some different types of micro beer and reasonably priced. Food wise, we decided on the in-house made potato chips and a charcuterie board. Both were very good and plentiful. We will definitely put the Tide & Boar on our return list. Looking forward to trying it out for a dinner meal.