“Was expecting better based on reviews”

Tide & Boar Gastropub
Ranked #26 of 281 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2018

This was a return visit for some of our party. They had enjoyed the place last year, so we went to celebrate a graduation. First, it took us about 10 minutes to catch anyone to get us a drink order after we were seated. Lots of choices of craft beers. We flagged down a server after a while to tell her we were freezing and to ask if some doors could be closed, but she said it got far too hot when they were closed, and didn’t bother. Our later server, when we mentioned the same thing, was very quick to go and close a door, which made a huge difference. The food itself was good enough but not stellar. The appy’s - pork belly bombs and polenta fries - were pretty good. Veggie burger was way too sweet - I love beets in veggie burgers, but this was too much. Especially since the accompanying salad also had beets. Seared scallops were well presented, but all the food was lukewarm when it came out. It was a 45 minute delay for the main courses, so we suspect they were forgotten somewhere along the line and had time to cool off. THis shouldn’t happen - especially when the lukewarm scallops were $29. Pasta was $32 with shrimp and pork in. Also lukewarm.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

If had been some time since I had been to the restaurant, my previous experience was positive, however this go round I was disappointed. Went with some friends at lunch we were a group of 6 it was a beautiful day so we thought we would sit outside together, we pulled 2 tables together so we could sit together and were advised that management no longer would allow that, so there was a bar style table outside that could accommodate us all so we sat there.
I can only speak to my meal - I ordered the soup of the day which was potato bacon leak and it was just ok, I also ordered the charcuterie board which I have had several times at other establishments and love, however this one I will not order again as it was uninspired and bland. If you read my other reviews you will see that I am a positive reviewer. Sadly I cannot be positive here. The food was not bad it just wasn't good.
Our server was lovely.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We happened to go on the first truly sunny/warm day of spring and it was VERY hard to get any service indoors. Interesting menu with lots of variety, great beef.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We came in from Ontario for the weekend and this was a stop we had planned. The Boar Poutine was delicious with lots of flavour but the sauce was a different flavour. The beer batter cod had lost of flavour. Burger was pretty darn good too.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Great place to meet friends and enjoy a bite at a reasonable price. Also evening entertainment on the weekends, bands, album releases, special performances. Enjoy