All reviews coffee maker central location three nights signal hill airport downtown st microwave canada washroom
Reviewed 25 September 2018

My room was a little tired, but I booked late and what I got was an "overflow room," so maybe that's OK. But thin towels and sheets that don't stay tucked in are not what you should get for the price I paid. There are better values elsewhere in town.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
NormaJ407, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Johns, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Hello Porcophile,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent day with us at the Holiday Inn Conference Center. We are always looking for ways to make improvements and your comments are valuable to us.

I hope that we can welcome you back with us in the future so that you can see that this isn't our normal procedures.

Warm Regards;

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This was a 2 week business trip and this property was perfect for my needs. The room was very well kept with excellent maid services. I used the gym twice a day and never found it busy. The location was good for my needs but is a good taxi ride away from the town center and the famous George Street. The only negative comment I have is that the attached restaurant is very poor. On my first night I ordered Pizza in this Italian themed facility and it was absolute garbage, I informed my waitress of this and her response was not what I expected. Taking this restaurant experience out of the equation and this hotel is very good for any type of traveler.

Room Tip: Good rooms are on 5th Floor if you want quietness.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2018

WARNING. CONSUMERS BE WARE.

We were charged "marketing fees" of approximately $4.50 per night on our hotel room for each night. This is a fee levied by Holiday Inn for their coffers.

I was informed that this a new fee charged by Holiday Inns since they were bought out and taken over by the new owners. This fee is uncalled for, tacky, greedy and made us now decide against booking any more Holiday Inn hotels in our future travels.

We will no longer book with Holiday Inn Hotels.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
NormaJ407, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Johns, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Hello Victor K,

The marketing sales fee that you paid is a 3% fee that was introduced by the new owners at this location only. I am very sorry for any miscommunication from this and would advise that this isn't a fee for all Holiday Inns.

Regards;

Reviewed 25 August 2018

I cannot praise the staff at this hotel more highly our flights were delayed and instead of arriving at 9.30pm we arrived at 4.30am. I called the hotel and they sent a driver to pick us up and bring us to the hotel, I was extremely stressed and tired as we had flown in from Australia over 40 hrs in total and our bags did not arrive with us. upon arrival at the hotel he could see i was stressed and he was so helpful and quickly got us settled.
next morning the staff were ringing the airline for us checking on the whereabouts of our luggage, they also supplied us with toothbrushes and shaving gear as well.
they could not have been more helpful. they also gave us a 2pm checkout which was so helpful to us as we were extremely tired.
our room was clean and very comfortable.
the breakfast was not the best but to be honest it paled in comparison to the great staff. i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Norma J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Johns, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Hello there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. We definitely are glad that we were able to meet your needs and that you enjoyed your stay.

Again, thanks so much for your great review. We do look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 12 August 2018

My wife and I drove over 50,00 KM’s in the past 12 months and stayed at more than 75 hotels/motels. This hotel is conveniently located a few minutes from downtown St John’s and has very nice rooms with a good view of Signal Hill. It also has a nice lounge area, good restaurant, exceptional pool area/fitness Centre and outstanding rooms. Breakfast was excellent and promptly served. I work while on the road and found it very easy to work in this hotel. Many thanks to Rose, Katlan, Dennis, Vince and all the staff for their excellent service. We enjoyed our stay and recommend Holiday Inn St John’s. We plan to stay here again on our next trip to Newfoundland.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple