“Best felafel in town!”
Review of Mohamed Ali's

Mohamed Ali's
Ranked #99 of 409 Restaurants in St. John's
Reviewed 30 July 2018

This unpretentious little restaurant on the end of Duckworth Street just happened to be across the road from my airbnb. It could easily be ignored if you were walking by it, however it happens to be next to the Fixed cafe, which incidentally has the best "flat white" coffee outside of Australia.
I ordered a snack of felafel and hommus. The felafel were cooked in hot oil and they were crunchy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. Dipped in the creamy hummus, they were divine! They were also served with a large piece of Lebanese bread. Each mouthful was a pleasure. I had them three days in a row The menu is varied including starters, platters and wraps, salads and sides and desserts and drinks. The Tabouli takeaway serve was very generous and I ordered the Chicken Shawarma which was hot and tasty and came with the shredded lettuce, garlic sauce and hummus.
Friendly staff, and quick service. Table service is available and dine in.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I went to the Duckworth street location in a Friday afternoon for lunch. The wrap was so amazingly delicious. Everything was fresh, hot and delicious! Our server was very friendly and we received our food in record time. I will absolutely be going back and would recommend this location to everyone!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Frozen french fries from CostCo. Owner was warm and kind so it is hard to be critical but everything was overcooked to the nth. Portions were genereous.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Went to the water st location and meal was old,stale,and disgusting. Don't go here from the bottom of my heart!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Popped into the Water street location and it was obvious there was nothing fresh about this meal. We ordered the kebab meal and clearly everything was microwaved. When I told the owner I didn't think it was fresh (after he asked) I got an eye roll. Poor food and poor management! Overall very disappointing.